I have been a mom to little Miss Mya for almost 3 months now and I am blown away by the emotions and the love that fills you when these huge spirits in little bodies enter our lives.
It is so very overwhelming the responsibility that I feel to take care of this little person to the best of my ability but at the same time I have no clue what I am doing. I know that Heavenly Father is guiding me step by step as I fumble my way through this.
I was watching TV the other night, waiting for Mya's bedtime feeding to roll around and happened upon The Sound of Music right when Julie Andrews was singing about her 'favorite things', and it inspired me to share a few of my favorite things about being a mommy.
- Smiles, Smiles, Smiles; I just melt when Mya flashes me a big smile when I talk to her!
- Tiny fingers and tiny toes.
- Watching Cody be a daddy and being so gentle and sweet with his little girl. I am falling deeper in love with him as I watch him with Mya.
- Little cooing dove noises when she is sleeping or awake, so very cute!
- Giant bows, they just make me happy.
- Adorable little outfits; shirts, dresses, shoes, everything is cuter in miniature.
- Having naps with her snuggled next to me, or seeing Cody and Mya doing the same thing.
- Just watching her, there is somthing enthralling about watching her flail her arms and legs and make faces.
- Being able to comfort her when no one else can; sorry everyone else but that does make me happy.
- That funny little 'kitty cat' cry when she is really mad (you know the one where their voice vibrates). Cody and I just start to laugh at that one.
- Seeing our families become Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles; they just transform and these new people emerge; unihibited and willing to talk or act anyway to make her smile.
- The little chunky rolls on her legs that are slowly forming.
- When she sucks her binki so hard that is comes out of her mouth or moves with the sucking motion.
- Being able to recognize her cry. That was a wierd realization but very cool.
- When strangers tell us how cute she is. A little ego boost never hurt anyone.
- When she has a giant burp or gas and then smiles; those are usually the diapers I let Cody change.
- Bathtime
3 comments:
Ohh, I love those things too (okay, maybe not the huge bows...thus the string of tomboys in my girls). But enjoy every minute. It goes WAY TOO FAST!!!
Awwww... how sweet! Your family is so adorable! And I just know you are doing fantastic being a mommy!
So cute aub, one day she will so love to read that, your a great new little mom!
Post a Comment