Monday, September 22, 2008

You Gotta Love Labor...

No, this cartoon doesn't depict how my first night back to work went. But, I just couldn't help but use this cartoon because I have been there. As the nurse, Cody survived our Labor without harm.
I am happy to report that my first night back to work was a success. Nothing too scary because I was down in Post Partum. It was a nice transition back into things to be in this unit. I actually was the Charge Nurse on Post partum because the other two employee's were LPN's and not RN's. It wasn't that big of a deal, all I had to do what check the crash cart and do a little bit of paper work, yahoo. But it was just kinda wierd to think that I was in charge. YIKES. Everything went well, I forgot how tiny those babies are, I thought this one was so tiny and then I discovered it was a pound heavier than Mya was. It's amazing how quickly you forget. Well hopefully next time I work I can be in L&D so that I can get over the fear that I have forgotten how to do everthing related to delivering a baby.

2 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

I'm glad everything went well for your first night back. I worried that you might not be able to catch up on your sleep when you got home. I hope Mya took a long morning nap because you didn't call me to come get her!
XO Debi

Croslands said...

I think it's funny that you are nervous. I would think after having a baby that you would be even more prepared. Come on give yourself a little more credt.