
Sunday we celebrated McKay's big 16th birthday! I can't believe he is that old!
We enjoyed a fantastic dinner of his choice which included Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls, and for dessert banana cake with cream cheese frosting (mmmmm, pause to swallow saliva). It was all so delish!

Then it was present time and he made quite the haul. He got some good lookin' new t-shirts, some jeans, new shoes and some shades. Shades are a must now that he will be piloting the red truck!


Life is good!
For a huge surprise, Mom and Dad recruited me to help with a 'While you were out' style make over of McKay's room. It was so fun! Intense, since we only had while he was in school to get it done, but so much fun!
*Before*
Notice the clutter, light house border and lack of floor space.

Dad getting ready to rip down the border and mom sorting through old school papers, elementary school papers.
*After*
New Snowboarding border is in place, new bookshelf assembled, room organized, dusted and now notice the additional floor space!

This was my Dad's project for the day. For a long time McKay has wanted to have a wall that he can draw all over. He never thought that mom would actually go for it, so this wall and buckets of sharpies were a HuGE shock to him.

My proud accomplishment; gutting and organizing his closet. I was quite proud.

Dad and I with the finished project.
It was a good time had by one and all.
Happy Birthday McKay!
4 comments:
That looks great! How much do ya'll charge?!?!? I think I'll hire you to do all the rooms in our house!!!!
what a fun project!
The room looks so good! Was he suprised! I bet he loved it! Ps I hope miss mya little teeth feel better! I hate when they cut there teeth!
wow all while he was at school..do you three want to come to my house!?
Post a Comment