Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grattitude 11/10

Utah Beach, Normandy France


  • I am so thankful for my country. For the freedoms that we enjoy and for the many men and women that sacrificed their lives and their time so that I can live with such privileges. I am thankful for my right to live as I choose, worship the religion of my choice, to vote, and to have so many other blessings given to my by this country that I often take for granted.

  • I am thankful for my amazing husband that, despite the fact that Mya was sick and vomiting all over, encouraged me to go have my girls night I had planned. It was truly something that I needed yesterday and I really appreciate the sacrifice he made. It's never fun to deal with sickies alone. Thank you Cody!

  • I am thankful for the Holy Ghost. I am thankful for the peace that it brings as we pray that testifies that our Heavenly Father and our Savior know who we are and exactly what we are going through. It is that warm, peaceful embrace that you need to get through.

  • I am thankful for the fall leaves. I love the color, the crunch and watching Mya discover how much fun it is to jump in a pile of fallen leaves.

  • I am thankful for modern vaccinations. I am not always thankful for the side effects they cause in my kiddos; like fever, grumpiness, and upset tummies. But, I am very thankful for these medical advances and that I don't have to worry about them becoming ill with some of these horrible diseases that have taken so many lives in earlier times.

No comments: