Monday, July 5, 2010

Stadium of Fire!

Saturday evening we trekked, to Provo with pretty much every other person in Utah valley for the Stadium of Fire. I had been once before and had been slightly underwhelmed by the entertainment. However, this year was a pure delight! Carrie Underwood is truly amazing in concert! Her voice live is the voice you hear on her CD's and that I think is rare these days.
My sweet Sadie ~ she threw a good tantrum half way through the program but luckily it was so noisy no one could hear her. She finally gave up the ghost and fell asleep.

I'm not sure exactly what Mya is doing in this picture but I thought it was HiLaRIouS!
I think she is either directing the dancers or dancing with them, who knows.


Through these next pictures you will see Mya's journey to firework meltdown.

She started out wary but OK, watching with Grams.

She informed us they were 'noisy'

Then they got a little scarier and she thought she would be safe with Uncle Tyson. But, when he couldn't make them less noisy she decided that Mamma was the person to run to.


Please ignore my double chin... not my most flattering picture but it shows how Mya survived the remainder of the fireworks display. My arms crisscrossed around her head with my hands firmly clamped over her ears. I realize it looks like I'm choking her... I'm not so don't call DCFS.

Occasionally she would open her eyes and peek but mostly she kept her eyes clamped shut, and if I tried to shift my arms or uncover her ears she would quickly move them right back.

All in all it was a great time, minus the hour car ride it took to make it out of Provo.


6 comments:

Wilson Family said...

How fun! My parents went too and said it was a blast

Cammi said...

FUN! I saw Carrie UNderwood last year up here and LOVED her too!!! So much fun!

kimmalee said...

Sweet little Mya. Those are cute pictures. Sadie still looks so teensy to me. What a cute family you have there. Glad it was a fantastic concert. That made all the kiddo craziness worth it eh?

Katie said...

I LOVE how Sadie is looking at you in the first pic! Soo cute!

Amberly said...

we also think carrie underwood is great because she seems to be one of the "authentic," how fun that you got to see her in person! and seneca feels the same way about fireworks... scary!

Trish Griffee said...

I've heard that she is great in concert. Looks like you all had fun. Poor Mya- Fireworks are intense that close for some little ones.