It finally happened, as it usually does here in Utah, you go to bed one night after a cold, rainy, week and when you wake up it's instantly summer. It's sunny, hot and time to find water. Last year our hang out of choice was in Highland but this year, since we moved, that seemed like kind of a trek. I had heard that there was a splash pad at the Shops at Riverwoods and since that is much closer we tried it our one evening after dinner. It was such a success we went back the next day and while tucking them into bed I was receiving requests to return the following day. Glad to know I've discovered a quick go to place to let them get their wiggles out.
We brought our buckets to play with and they were quite the hit. The girls got lots of sharing practice because they would put one down and pretty soon a rouge toddler would snatch it up and carry it off to the other end of the pad. I wasn't too worried because its not that big of a place and really, it's a bucket. Sadie would get a little concerned when they would stray too far away but to her relief an embarrassed mom would always bring it back.
I'm not sure what she was pretending but it was hilarious to watch her, she was undoubtedly enjoying every minute.
Miss Mya was pretty excited to discover that she could do 'splits' and touch two of the fountains.
Hayze and I found some shade and enjoyed being outside. He was content and sweet as always. He did have a pretty impressive blow out and all I had was long sleeve jammies, not so great on a hot day. So he chilled in his dipe for a while. Lucky for us Gymboree is conveniently located nearby and was having a great sale. Mommy may have got a cute little romper for really cheap.







2 comments:
That looks like a super fun place to play! We'll have to join you when we come to visit! What darling suits your sweet kiddos have. And you look marvelous, my dear!
How fun! And you are looking so good! Your hair is getting long!
Post a Comment