Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Movin' Along...

So, I'm exercising. For many of you that know me you know this is not my favorite past time. In fact I spent many years avoiding it. My school days brought the obligatory PE classes which I enjoyed for the most part except for the 'fun run' that was my nemesis. Exercise and I have had a few flings over the years, but I just never caught the fever that many people describe. I would do pretty good for a little while, maybe get 3 days a week but then pretty soon I would be done. I am in no means bragging as I write this. Because considering my track record it's a little early for that. But I will say that I am happy with myself, I have managed to exercise pretty much every day for the past month. I have missed 2 days and taken Sundays off. All in all not too bad. I am hoping that I can make it a habit, that this glimmer of desire to get my cute new shoes on and spend time on my treadmill (boring, but what I've got) and to use Cody's weight system won't fade. I honestly hope it continues to grow that maybe one day I will be one of those gals. Those gals, like my sisters-in-law, cousins and friends that love and crave it.
 I don't claim to be doing any crazy intense work outs right now, I don't run or even jog. But I walk fast and steep and I'm pushing myself a little more, getting a little more sweaty and a little stronger with each week. And I'll tell you what, I've pinned a bunch of exercise routines on Pinterest.
 I haven't weighed myself since I started. Like anyone I want to see the numbers go down but I don't want to be frustrated if they don't. I feel like that sometimes plays a part in my loss of motivation. I can say that during this past month I have noticed a difference in the way my body fits in clothes and they way I feel about my body. Which post partum is a huge step in a good direction. So cheers to exercise and here's hoping that June brings as many good steps forward as May has.

3 comments:

kimmalee said...

Wow, congrats Aub! Every day for a month, that's huge. Especially considering a brand new little babe and with Cody being gone, that's a big committment. I'm really impressed and excited for you! I'm in a lack of motivation slump, but you've inspired me. And wowsers, those shoes are super cute!

Amberly said...

I'm impressed too. I know how hard it is to get that in every day when you have busy littles and no daddy around to help. I don't love to exercise. But I love how I feel after it's done! Good work, lady!!

The Stanley's said...

I agree! How you managed to do that everyday with 3 kids is amazing! Go Aub go!! So proud of you