Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sadie's Blessing Day

Sunday was sweet Sadie Ann's blessing day.

Our day started out a little hectic and we were almost late to our own blessing. Our families were starting to wonder where we were and had already started forming back up plans in case we didn't show up. The most entertaining of which involved my 17 year old brother McKay being the proxy. I would have loved to see that. It was one of those days when it was all the little things that kept happening; Mya woke up super grumps, my hair was being absolutely evil, I forgot the paperwork to turn in to the ward clerk so we ran back home for that, then we had to turn around again to go back for the binki that I forgot. Oh, such fun. It took me a minute to catch my breath but the rest of the day went amazingly. Cody gave Sadie a wonderful blessing full of loving promises and guidance. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband that holds the priesthood and can bless our family.

Sadie's beautiful dress was made just for her by my amazingly talented mother. It was absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much mom, I know it was a lot of work.


My pretty little lady.



Showing off her sassy peep-toe shoes.



We are so lucky to have such amazing family and friends. I am so thankful for the love and support that they always provide. Any milestone or event is packed. Maybe it's because it gives us an excuse to eat fantastic food prepared by all these wonderful people? Possibly. But, I'm pretty sure they are all just amazing. We love you guys! Thank you so much for coming!


The Hansen Clan having a little brunch.


The Smiths



Our great friends the Drapers!

Sami, Deni, Nick

Suzy and Michael


Great Grandpa and Grandma Keetch




Sadie and Grams



Sadie decided it was time to beat the heat so she ditched her dress and hung out for the rest of the afternoon in her silky little slip.

One of the highlights of the day came from Miss Mya. During sacrament meeting I got up and bore my testimony. As I finished her sweet little voice rang out through the chapel, "Yay mommy!" It was too funny! I'm glad I could make her proud.

Being social is exhausting huh boys?

Time for our Sunday naps.


2 comments:

Amberly said...

her little dress is so precious! what a wonderful thing to be surrounded by so much family on such a special day!

Tutz said...

Looks like you had the perfect day (besides the few things in the morning). Sorry I missed it, didn't know it was her blessing day, but looks like it was perfect with your two families. Sadie's dress is beautiful! I love the pictures. My favorite is with Mya kicked back, with her hands behind her head, with Sadie. Cute girls!