Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Pictures - Week 3

3 Weeks Old

What's new with Sadie... She is holding her head up more, she thinks she is such a strong little girl and looks you right in the eye when you're trying to get her to burp. I think that she is going to have blue eyes, I know it's probably too early to make such a statement but her eyes look blue to me already. I remember Mya's and they just looked grey/brown for a long time. She is starting to have a predictable 'fussy time'. It's usually about 9pm and lasts for about an hour. Bedtime is getting a little earlier, more like 11 instead of midnight, and I am grateful for that.
We had a sister breakthrough yesterday! I was in the kitchen doing some dishes when Mya came in and asked me 'Hold Sadie?' I was blown away and my heart melted at the same time! It was so sweet, she sat down on the couch just like I asked and with a little assistance had a good little 'hold'. She explored her ears, patted her hair and gave her a kiss. Seriously! Made my day!

7 comments:

Amberly said...

what a sweet sister! you know, they'll be the best of friends in no time.

Hilary said...

Cute! That second picture is awesome :)

Katie said...

Sadie is so beautiful! I love that picture of her sticking out her tongue! Cute!

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

She is so sweet. I love the story of Mia wanting to hold her sister, it is fun to hear sibling stories with a new baby and how age difference makes such a difference.

Jason & Kelli West said...

So cute!! Love thte picture of her with her tounge sticking out!

Trish Griffee said...

Oh sisters are the sweetest!

Nancy said...

Yeah! I'm with you on that. When my kids used to hold the babies, it would melt my heart. Now, if they play a game together or something, it does the same thing. Sadie is so darling!