Monday, May 10, 2010

Thursday Pictures- Week 1

1 Week old


I can't believe that we have had little Miss Sadie here with us for over a week. It seems like she's been a part of our family forever. We are loving her so much, she is a very content baby and only fusses when it's time to eat or if she is extra tired and needs to get her 'ya-ya's' out before a nap. She has a neat little trick that freaked Cody and I out the first couple times; she occasionally will shoot milk out of her nose. I'm sure that's not horribly uncommon, but the weird part is that it happens 2 and 3 hours after she eats. I'm not sure where she's hiding it, some extra sinus cavity or something. Night time is slowly getting better. She, like most babies, is a little mixed up about asleep and awake time. But, she has made progress giving us 4 hours in between feeding which has surprisingly made a difference in how I feel.

Mya is warming up to her, not to the point where we have very much physical contact but, she peeks over the side of her crib and looks at her, helps get things for her, tells us with a very sad face when Sadie is 'kying', and is getting very good at informing people of her little sister's name.

6 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Aub...she is adorable, and I think she looks less like Mya now. And you know both of my kids were spitters, so talk to your Dr. about it because it might be acid reflux, but like mine she just might be a happy spitter. Cute baby

Jenni McVey said...

She is darling!!! It's so fun to have a new baby in the house!

Jason & Kelli West said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. My boys in the beginning would throw up alot and it would come out of their noses and mouths. It freaked me out. But it eventually stopped, and I hope hers does too. I laughed when I saw how much she weighed when she was born. Just 1 ounce smaller than one of my boys, and 5 ounces bigger than the other. Lol...your lucky that you have tiny babies. I fear for the weight of just one inside of me. I hope you are doing well. Glad you are getting sleep.:)

Aunt Debi said...

Yeah! I'm so glad Thursday pictures are starting again!

Aunt Debi said...

Yeah! I'm so glad Thursday pictures are starting again!

The Adcocks said...

I am super impressed that you are with it enough to not only remember to take pictures, but to post them. I remember the first several months being a blur of, well, a blur. Beautiful girls you have there!