Monday, October 13, 2008

Mya's Blessing Day





It's Blessing Day!!

And as you all can surely tell, Mya is thrilled!

We were able to take Mya back to my home ward, where my dad happens to be the Bishop, to bless her. It was really neat to be surrounded by our family and the ward family I grew up with. Cody gave her a fantastic blessing. Cody was kind of nervous. That morning he warned me it probably wouldn't be very long; I told him that was just fine but to say what the spirit told him to say. My cousin said she looked at him right before he went up and said she thought he was going to throw up! When he came and sat back down next to me he smiled, leaned over to me and whispered..."It was longer than you thought it would be, huh" I had to giggle, It was. He is such a wonderful man! Mya's blessing was very sweet and full of wonderful, loving promises and advice.

We were so very blessed to have so many of our family members as well as friends come and support us. We are so thankful that you all were there to share this special day with us! It was a fantastic day, snow and all!


Cody and Mya havin' a serious chat.

Gramma and Grandpa Keetch

Grabbin' a little snack at the luncheon afterwards. There was a plethora of good eats!


Gramma Keetch


Grandpa Keetch ~ during his short break in between meetings.

Thanks for sneakin' home dad!




The Hansen Fam

Grandpa and Nanna Hansen, Aunt McKenzie, Mya, Me, Aunt Mallory, and Cody


Gettin' some love from Nanna






McKay and Mallory

These two are kindred spirits; they share the same sense of humor and can entertain all of us for hours on end. Aunt Mallory will be missed the next 18 months, good thing we get to keep Mckay!


Mya's Great Grandma Nina Callister, Aunt Sue and Great Grandma Phyllis Hansen


Cody and his cousin Micheal. Micheal was so sweet, he would come up, take Mya's hand and asked how his little cousin was doing. Just to check on her. He was also excited to announce that for his upcoming 26th birthday he is getting a Wii and we know he is going to love it!

4 Generations of Hansens


Mya, Grandpa Dave and Great aunt Leslie


4 Generations of Keetchs~ minus the 'Bish'
My Grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Vance Keetch


Smilin' for Great Grandma




Great Auntie Jo and Uncle Mark!

Heather and Bo

Mya and Hadlee

Hadlee walked in and squealed, "Oh, she has such a beautiful wedding dress!"

When I was pregnant, Hadlee would ask me every time she saw me when Mya was going to come out and be able to play with her.

My sweet girlies, I love them so!


Aubrey: Who has a Matt and a classroom full of 26+ second graders

Me: Who has a Cody and a Mya

Ashley: Who has a Brett, a Katie (2.5) and a little bean on its way

I think I've got the easy life!

(Becky ,Clint & co. We missed you!)

Uncle Mark and Mya had the right idea! By the end of the day we were all ready to crash!


7 comments:

Robyn said...

Such a special day aubs, and Cody you did great! Such cute pics and I love that you caught my dad sleeping! What a shocker!

Amberly said...

aubrey, you look fantastic! I hope the day was as great as it appears.

Mike and Mandy said...

try albeebaby.com....it's hit n miss...just keep checking back...ps your little mya is so dainty, I love it! how's L&D?

Wilson Family said...

It was such a beautiful blessing. Thank you so much for inviting us. I am bummed I missed the party. Callie decided to sleep until after 4. Cody did a great job!

kimmalee said...

You're such a great blogger. I'm sad that I wasn't there for the big day but I feel thoroughly filled in after reading your stories and seeing all of the pix. What a cute little family you have. Love the hair cut more in ever picture I see.

lramey said...

ok, i hadn't known you'd posted like 4 posts since I last happened upon this here blog! my bloglines thing isn't working properly.

you, my dear, are hilarious!!! I'm laughing so hard at your old grandma+jazzy+chihuaua story, and all the goodness of Vegas. What a fun family you have!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Croslands said...

Oh what a beautiful dress. She looks so good. It looks like I missed out on a really great day!