Thursday, August 8, 2013

Smith Family 'Rebellion' 2013

Saturday morning we met up American Fork Canyon for breakfast. This was something that happened frequently when my grandparents were alive.  I have memories of trying to fish in the river with Cheetos, with all the confidence that I was going to catch a big one. It was fun be with everyone again doing something that they loved. Miss Mya loves her cousin Hadlee and claims her as her best friend. We love sweet Hadlee!

These kiddo's are pretty crazy about these two. Maybe a little too crazy, they may or may not get crawled upon every time we see them.
Tragedy struck when little Miss ended up with a skinned knee. Thankfully Grandpa was there to offer some much needed sympathy and TLC. I even happen to have a Cars band aid in our bag, which helped a wee bit.
That afternoon brought water fun across the back lawns of our 'compound'.
The slip and slide was not quite steep enough for people to get going very fast so we got creative. 2 adults and a rope sped things up a bit. Call us redneck if you must but there was lots of smiles, squealing, and laughter. Little miss Sadie was a daredevil and was right in there hanging on. She rode until her little teeth were chattering so much she was forced to take a break. 
Mya after some convincing decided to try it out. I was glad she tried it. Silly bean, she admitted it was fun but didn't want to do it again.
Cute little bathing beauties. Mya, Berklee, Greta, Hadlee
Grams got in touch with her inner 'carnie'. She rented cotton candy and shaved ice machines which were a hit. It felt very festive, a little messy but definitely fun!
I love my girls! I know, I'm their mom, of course I love them. But they were such troopers during these long days of fun. They are my little buddies and are becoming such wonderful helpers. I loved seeing them interact with their cousins, old and young. I can see them developing a love for family and that is something I pray doesn't fade as we enter their teen years when cell phones and friends call for their attention.
Mr. Hayze was a gem through this entire event! He hung out on the blankets, cruised with whomever wanted to love on him and was, as always, generous with his grins. I am a pretty lucky mama and I'm so thankful for my amazing family!

No comments: