Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School Night

Back at the beginning of August we met with, and Mya was assessed by one of the Kindergarten teachers. Since then we have been waiting and wondering what class she would be in.  The assessment, as far as I was told, went well. Parents got to wait in the hallway. I guess that was a warm up for me as I prepared to let go a little and let my little lady do her thing. I was a little bugged that they waited until the night before school was to start to post the class lists. I am sure there is a reason for it but it was still hard not knowing am or pm or what class she was in.
We arrived that night after our last summer adventure out.  Daddy took us to see the movie Planes. We were excited to find out that Mya will be in Mrs. Brown's class and during the time we had hoped.  She has been at the school for quite some time and seems as if she's very on top of things. We got to visit Mya's classroom, find her desk and both her cubbys. We checked out the playground and where she will line up before class starts. There were lots of people there so little miss kept a tight grip on my hand. There is one little boy from our ward in her class and she says she knows him from primary. I guess that leaves lots of opportunities to make friends.
Mommy got to sign up for PTA, class helps, room mom helpers...all new experiences for her too.

1 comment:

kimmalee said...

Kindergarten is a big step! I'm glad she is excited She sure looks cute and big next to her big desk! Can't wait to hear about her first day.