- Cody has been home for a week now and we have loved every minute that we've had to spend with our daddy! The girls were so thrilled to see him, especially Mya. It was just in the nick of time too because she had gone into an utter molt the morning he was on his way here. He walked in the door and with some snuggle time he made it all better.
- Sadie is slowly getting over the binki distress. We had some struggles, lots more vomit than I would like to have seen and a pitiful little face looking up at me. We tried moving her bed into Mya's room but that wasn't the answer. She would fall asleep if I lay on the floor next to her but that was a habit I didn't want to establish and then have to break. We had one night that we let her spend a large amount of time in time out screaming at us. In a fit of rage that night she figured out that she could swing her stubby little leg up over the edge and escape! We are seeing progress though! She still protests but with a routine and leaving her door cracked she is more willing. We will get there, I'm encouraged.
- Cody and I had a little mini 3 day vacation at a cabin in Heber the beginning of this week. It was a beautiful place! We both commented to each other when we first arrived at how quiet it was. It felt like I needed to turn on the TV for background noise. We were really old and went to bed early every night and I slept late every morning. Pure luxury for me. We sampled the local breakfast joints and decided that The Hub has the best scones and that Chicks has THE biggest pancakes I have ever seen! I'm talking dinner plate size and 2 inches thick! We ate at our favorite BBQ joint in Park City. Cody was a good sport and let me wander around all the fun shops. I love when we can just talk and enjoy each others company. I love my honey!
- We spent last Saturday at Cody's favorite fishing pond up in PG. It was a gorgeous day, and of course I was a neglectful mamma and forgot sunscreen. The result was some very pink faces, arms and for Mya some impressive flip flop lines. The girls had a great time. Daddy has indoctrinated them and they jump at any chance to fish. We only have one princess fishing pole and monitoring the sharing of said pole is a full time job for mommy. They are great helpers; always willing to help reel in the catch. Papa even convinced Sadie to kiss the fish, nasty.
- We are building a house. It is exciting, overwhelming and terrifying to me all at once. It is moving along; they started framing this week. I haven't said much because I don't want to be the braggy blogger. Any way, I had to laugh at Mya, I took her to see it the other day and she was so excited about our new house and the 'digger' that was parked in the lot next to us. I asked her if she wanted to move to our new house when it was ready and she told me she did. Then a couple minutes later she teared up a little, looked at me and asked if we would bring her Max and blanket with us. I assured her that we most definitely would be bringing them with us along with all our other things. That made her feel much better, but she keeps checking with me to make sure we are taking things with us like her DVDs, toys, our books, etc.
- So there you go. Just a little peek into our silly lives. I'm sure I will have some fun pics of Easter weekend.
Friday, April 6, 2012
Just some randoms...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I miss your little girls so much! Little Mya, worried about bringing her precious Max and blanket to your new house. And fiery little Sadie getting so mad that she figures out how to get out of bed. How is that even physically possible with her teensy legs?
I'm so excited for you, Aubs. Can't wait to see your new house and I'm so glad that it's moving along. So exciting! Glad you had a good little vaca with your sweetie. Much needed alone time, I'm sure!
a new house is super fun! It was great to see you, I wish we had more time to chat, the evening was fun for me but a little crazy. Love that cods is home for a bit and your girls sound as sweet as ever. Love you!
congrats on the house! where is it at?! that's super exciting! And my mommy encouragement vibes are being sent your way with help with the binkie! we dealt with that with the bottle recently and it is a real test to a mommies patience :) love yoU!
Post a Comment