Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Adios, Ciao, Au Revior, Good Bye

Well, it had to happen eventually. It was either I did it now or send her to Bink-a-holics anonymous when she was twelve. The final straw was at the Library. She had a complete and utter meltdown in the children's section just because I didn't have a binki. I was slightly annoyed and embarrassed. I apologize to the other patrons that happened to be there as we tried to get out as quickly as possible with our books.

Here's how our nights have stacked up so far...

Night 1~ Apparently I didn't snip the end short enough. So, although she was put out a bit by the change and the missing spares that are usually littering her bed, she was able to still clench the nub between her teeth and have a nice night sleep.

Night 2~ She climbed into bed, picked up her now trimmed shorter binki, looked at me and said; "Binki broken. Frow it a garbage." She lay down, closed her eyes and went to sleep. I picked my jaw up off the floor and we had a peaceful night.

Night 3~ I think reality set in...lets just say there was much anger and vomit due to excessive screaming.

Night 4... Well I'm not sure yet. I had to go to work so Nana had the pleasure of night 4. I am just praying that she didn't get puked on.

3 comments:

kimmalee said...

Oh sweet little angel Sadie. I love that girl's sass. Of course, I'm in Denver, I'm not her mother, and didn't have to hear all the screaming, but I think it's pretty funny that your little miss threw a fit until she threw up. I hope nights 5, 6, 7 and beyond improve!

Debi said...

She was great last night and didn't even mention the binkie. It is actually nice to talk to her without the obstruction. She is a pretty cute talker. But I've never taken her anywhere in public where she had a melt down so, my day was pretty easy.

Tiffany said...

Oh sweet Aubry. I have been through this one 3 times now, and still have 2 little ones to go through it with. I think Rainier asked about his for a long time, but the drama ended after about a week when he realized that momma was NOT giving in. I have tried a few different methods of disposing of the binks and none of them leave a happy babe. They just have to put their big girl (or boy) pants on and deal with it. Which is not fun for anyone!!!
I am just happy to know that when I take Evie's away, I will NEVER have to go through it again!

You are in my prayers sis!!!