I couldn't help but let my tears flow with his as he hugged and kissed his nieces for the last time. He has such a sweet spot in his heart for them, just as they do for him.
I know there will be quite a few visits to grams house that will require an explanation as to why Uncle K isn't upstairs in his room. The first happened tonight when I went to drop the girls off before I went to work. Sadie pointed up the stairs, smiled and said 'K?' Of course I started to cry as I told her that K wasn't here.
We had a nice morning together before he had to leave. Mom made the most amazing pumpkin waffles and buttermilk syrup. Gotta send our boy off right. My cousin Kurt came by to wish him luck and shared with us the advise my Grandpa Smith gave to him before he left on his mission. He told Kurt to get him a 'rubbin' rock and whenever he felt lonely or missed home he should just rub that little rock and it will make him feel better. Well a minute or two later, Tyson came downstairs and handed McKay a small smooth stone. It was his 'rubbin' rock that he kept in his pocket during his mission to Brazil. He said he lost it three or four times but it always managed to make its way back to him. Aaaand cue the tears.
Evenutally the time came. Tyson offered a wonderful family prayer and off they drove. It was hard to watch him go. To know that he won't be here for 2 years. But, I am blessed with the comfort of the Holy Ghost to know that he is doing what the Lord would have him do. That he is needed there and will do great things. I love you McKay, there's no looking back just moving forward.
5 comments:
I love this, so much :)
Sweet little McKay. This grownup time came so fast. He is a darling young man and will make a magnificent missionary. Just keep a picture out for the girls. Hopefully you all can skype for mothers day so the girls can still see him. He will be great.
Oh what a wonderful guy your brother is. I got teary looking at those pictures of him with your little ladies. I love the rubbin' rock. What a sweet tradition to share. Your family sure has a lot of those. I'm glad you had a good morning with him. He'll be a fantastic missionary.
Those are some sweet pictures aub! awww cute Mckay!! We'll miss him!
What sweet pictures of him hugging his nieces.
Post a Comment