Thursday, March 3, 2011

Afternoon on the Farm

We spent a lovely afternoon on the farm this week. It was just overcast enough to hold off the crowds but not chilly enough for heavy winter coats. My favorite way to visit farm country. The girls had a great time; Sadie wanted to grab everything and Mya wanted to feed everything. Who could have imagined that my 3 quarters spent on corn feed would have brought that much joy.
Mya would walk up and down the fence line and these little goats would walk with her. She kept saying, 'Dese my buddies mom.'
Sadie wanted to feel the furry creatures so badly, she would reach for all she was worth, yell, and grasp her little fingers trying to get a hold of them. It was so fun to see her eyes get so big when they would come up to the fence close to her or we would move to a new animal.


'Llama Face'

This sweet llama loved me, he kept nibbling my cheek and sniffing me. He was there forever, I think I snapped five or six pictures with my phone trying to get a decent shot and he just stood there being my buddy. I must have smelled good or something...that should probably worry me that I smelled good to a llama.


Me and my sweet Sadie lady.

Mmmm turkeys, my favorite.

For those who don't know, I have a small bird issue. Not my favorite creatures. But the daddy turkeys were all puffed up and that was exciting for the girlie's so there we are.


It was such a relief to be outside. It seems as if the winter weather has been stretching on and on and we have most definitely been feeling cooped up in our little house.

There was this little boy that was running around, not quite Ferrel but close, and he kept coming around randomly. On one encounter he blew a raspberry at us so I told him that wasn't very polite and he looked at me and said "The Beast is not polite!" True, true he is not. Then another encounter brought out Mya's inner tour guide; I could hear her say, "Hey boy, dat's a cow." "Hey boy, dat's a sheep." "Hey boy, don't run."

She finally got courageous enough to pet something larger than the goat. Granted the donkey isn't really that much bigger than the goats but still it was progress.







Our theme song of the day was 'B-I-N-G-O'


Mya kept singing it over and over. I tried to get some 'Old MacDonald' in there too but we kept going back to BINGO.

5 comments:

Debi said...

So cute! I'm glad you and the girls got out. This week has been just warm enough that I might believe Spring will actually come. We need some color around here. Gray is out!!

Katie said...

LOL! "Llama face!" Best quote ever!

kimmalee said...

Looks like a great mom/daughters adventure! How fun! Man, little Mya's curls just keep getting more and more beautiful. She's just stunning. And how cute is her little floral jacket?!

The Postings of Pence said...

fun, fun! I want to be your kid! Cute girls. They are so different, yet sisters. I love the lap comment on the post before. So true, how do you spread your legs far enough apart so they can't whack each other. The hidden talents mommies have!

Jennie said...

And that's officially the cutest thing I've seen in awhile :) Thanks for sharing and I think you should tell me about this bird issue of yours!