Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Shrimp Boil

Labor day brought us a delish treat, a Cajun shrimp boil with the Smith Clan, courtesy of my Uncle Craig. This tasty treat is made even more fun because you get to eat it with you fingers out of a big pile on the table.

Little Miss Sadie, hangin' out with Grandpa.

Mya showin' off her adorable new dress Grams found at Swiss Days. She was in heaven playing with all the cousins, digging in the sandbox, and playing in the playhouse.


My cute family, feasting on the goods! Not all of them appreciate the seafood, but that's OK, I let them eat the sausage so it's a good compromise.

Oh, the heaven that is my Uncle Craig's homemade ice cream.
This stuff is truly sinful, I totally threw my 'I'm being good' out the window. He had his classics chocolate marshmallow, my absolute favorite, raspberry and a couple new flavors; coconut and caramel cashew. MMMmmm! There is rarely any left.


That's my girl!


Sweet Baby Greta, aren't those eyelashes to die for!


Sadie and Uncle 'K'


Mya, Hadlee, McKelle (Ty's 'friend') and Uncle Tyson.




Mya hasn't wanted anything to do with this tire swing, but suddenly it was OK and a fun new adventure.


Sadie on the other hand, was not so pleased.


Uncle Mark had been out on a ride earlier that day and kept the horses saddled up for the kids to ride. Mya wasn't so sure about it when we first climbed on but as soon as we started going she loved it. She was excited to tell everyone about her ride on 'Gus'.

3 comments:

kimmalee said...

Your family has such fun together! So many cute pictures of your girls in this post I don't even know where to begin. That ice cream sounds wonderful. And my little Sadie is getting so big!

The Adcocks said...

Fun! Isn't it great when your kid starts to play with other kids? I am with Kimalee, such fun family things. I would like to submit my application to be an honorary Keetch/Hansen please.

Aunt Debi said...

What a fun way to spend the holiday! Great food, great company and great place. (Great ideas for the compound!)