Friday, September 24, 2010

It's rare and elusive...

But yesterday we caught it on camera, Miss Mya giving us a real genuine smile! She's been going through the joyous phase where all here smiles are so super cheesy and forced that it's not always the cutest. I love it!

A few Mya sayings for the week:



  • "Two minutes." - This is the phrase of the week, everything that needs just a little more time is "Two minutes."


  • "Change a mind a minute" - This gets thrown out when she wants us to change our mind about going to bed, leaving grandparents', putting on shoes, anything really.


  • "I fine." or "I'm OK" - Her nursery supervisor came up to me after our meeting block and told me this one. I guess she spent most of nursery without shoes, which is how she prefers most of her time lately, and when Wendy told her it was time to put her shoes on Mya looked up at her held her hand out in the 'stop' gesture and said sweetly "I fine Wendy, I fine."


  • "I don't know." - I don't really know if she has any clue what this phrase means, but it sure is a great space filler when you ask her anything.


  • The other day she walked upstairs into my parents bedroom and my dad was standing on a step stool getting something out of the closet; she took one look at him and said "What's the big idea grampa?!"


  • This little phrase came about because I was explaining why Sadie's jammies were soaking in the sink post blow-out. "Accident's happen." (It sounds more like acks a happens). Anyhow Sunday afternoon she was playing in the backyard at my parents house and my Uncle's 3-legged dog Bo wandered over for some attention. She looked him right in the eye and said "Accidents happen, Bo". Seriously!


  • "I skuk!" or even better "I kinda skuk!" The best is when she complains the entire car ride about how she is skuk in her carseat.

2 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

It's hard to put the hammer down when she says, "Change a mind a minute", especially when she runs back to me for confirmation.

The Keetch Klan said...

I also love, "What's the big idea, Grampa?" when she saw Grampa standing on a stool in the closet. Also, leaning in close to Bo the three legged dog and saying as she looks into his eyes, "I sorry Bo, it's just an assident." The expressions on her face when she tells you these things just steal your heart!