I am amazed at how long that time period has felt. Yet, at the same time I can't believe that two years have gone by since I was at the airport, my 5 day old baby in her car seat, with my family watching my younger brother wind through the security lines to board a plane headed for Joao Pessoa Brazil. Two years have brought him back to us 30 pounds lighter, with skin many shades darker, a Portuguese accent, more mature, and full of the light of Christ. He is and has been, through his missionary service, an example to me of hard work and the pure love of Christ. Tyson, I Love you and I'm so thrilled you are home!
Me, Mom and Sadie waiting because of course his flight was delayed a half hour.
Cody, Grandma Keetch, Mya and Grandpa Keetch
Mya kept asking me for the 'alligator' and so I started to sing the Monkey song with the alligator. She looked at me and said "No, no, alligator stairs." She wanted to go ride the escalator again, OH! Of Course!
Me, Mom and Sadie waiting because of course his flight was delayed a half hour.Mya kept asking me for the 'alligator' and so I started to sing the Monkey song with the alligator. She looked at me and said "No, no, alligator stairs." She wanted to go ride the escalator again, OH! Of Course!
Who knew that watching an escalator could be so painful? Every pair of legs in dark pants that started down made your heart flutter, my sweet mom was so excited her hands were just shaking.
Finally!!
Mom, Dad and Ty
Meetin' baby Sadie.
Mom, Dad and TyCody, McKay, Dad, Me, Tyson, Mom, Mya, Grandma, Sadie and Grandpa
They were giving Ty a hard time since all the pictures he sent home he was giving the thumbs up, because that's what the Brazilian people do ALL the time in pictures. And what do you think he did while riding down the escalator... yep, Thumbs up! He said he didn't know what else to do with everyone staring at him.


3 comments:
Ty looks so good! I love how happy everybody looks! I bet that was the best feeling to give him that first hug! The picture with him holding Mya is priceless! Welcome home Ty!!
i am so happy that ty is home! he did such a great job speaking at his welcome home!! we missed him lots!! i have to admit i am a little jealous...i want our missionary home too :)
I can't believe he is home...He looks great
Post a Comment