Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday Pictures - Week 4 & 5

4 Weeks Old

5 Weeks Old
I can't believe that Sadie has been with us for a month already. We love her so much! I can tell she is gaining a little weight, she still has little bird legs but her cheeks are filling out and she actually fits in a few of her outfits. Her sleep ritual hasn't changed much. I'm still looking forward to some longer stretches but for now I'm content with 3-4 hours in between feedings and my sweet hubby doing the last feeding before he goes to work in the morning. It really helps to get just a few more minutes of sleep in. She is getting a little colicky at night. It usually starts at about 7 or 8 and lasts for about an hour sometimes longer. Poor little miss is not happy, she makes the most pitiful faces, I feel so bad for her. We are figuring out ways she likes to be held during fuss time and that gives us both some relief. She is starting to react a little bit when we talk to her, and I got a little half smile yesterday. It's so sweet when little ones try to 'talk' to you.

6 comments:

MamaM said...

I remember Olive's fussy time (also at night) for the first month or so all too well. Not fun! Hope that passes soon and you can get some rest. Both your girls are adorable.

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

your sweet little girls!!!! just so you know, everyone who sees me car seat cover wants one just like it. what else would you expect when i live in a small farm town with cowboys. thanks again. keep having fun!

Katie said...

So sweet. Amelia has the exact same fussy time. It's so predictable now, but still hard. I'm wondering when it'll stop. She changed a lot from 4 weeks to 5! I love your weekly pictures! I am doing them too!

kimmalee said...

Oh she is starting to fill out a little. Her cheeks look even more kissable in that week 5 picture. So darling! That fussy time is so hard. I guess they need it for some reason but it's so hard to listen to them cry when there's very little you can do to fix it. Hope your nights get easier soon! I'm glad Cody's so willing to help out. That's wonderful.

The Keetch Klan said...

Oh she's growing so fast! I'm so glad that you take these pictures so we can all take a step back to notice it! Remember to stop by during the fussy times so we can all take a turn at holding her. She can always go on a "grandpa stroll!"

Croslands said...

What a cutie and Jane can't stop talking about wanting to hold baby Sadie. We are excited to get to meet her. I'm glad that Mya has warmed up to her. And we can't wait to see you guys. It's coming quickly. Wahoo!