Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Old Friend

This is 'Fluppy', and we go way back.

Back so far, I don't really remember. But, it's said that as a toddler I didn't go anywhere without this furry friend. He was rediscovered a few weeks ago while my parents were cleaning out their basement. Fluppy, as you can see was well loved but he has a very interesting story. A story that should be recorded. And since this blog is also serving as a journal, this is were Fluppy's story will be told.

My mom tells the story of Fluppy this way... We were on our way to St. George for a weekend family get away and I being a toddler decided that I wasn't going to make the trip an easy one. She says they had only made it a few minutes from our apartment when I decided to dump my orange juice all over myself, clothes, car seat, a delightful, sticky mess. Sippy cups have come a long way. This event caused a delay in departure since they had to return home to clean up my mess. Once they were back on the road things were going much better. We were cruising down that long stretch of highway, and I was being a very good girl and entertaining myself with Fluppy. The good part is how I was keeping myself busy. You have to remember that this was the 'olden days' so the AC in the car wasn't up to par so my loving parents had cracked the window a couple inches for my comfort. Well, as we were driving along, I decided it would be a fantastic idea to slowly shove poor Fluppy out this crack in the window. Who knows how long it must have taken me to accomplish this task but eventually the poor dog was sucked out. My Dad says I kept saying 'Fluppy go bye-bye', 'Fluppy go bye-bye'! Each statement getting slightly more panicked since they weren't responding as fast as I would have liked. They quickly realized what happened and my Dad claims that he pulled over and looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see poor Fluppy meet the wheels of a Semi. My Dad, knew that the hysterics in the back seat wouldn't stop until Fluppy was recovered, so he rescued my now horribly dirty Fluppy from the freeway. I was thrilled and to my parents embarrassment, I stayed true to character, dragging this mangled, filthy pooch all over St. George, to every shop, park and restaurant.

5 comments:

Wilson Family said...

That is such a cute story...and I have to hand it to your mom and dad for going back and getting fluppy...I don't know if I would have

Katie said...

:) Hahaha, great story!

kimmalee said...

Oh poor Fluppy has been through so much. He actually looks like he's in great shape considering. Great story.

J. Anderson Family said...

What a cute story! You had me laughing out loud! By the way you look so good! Congratulations on being pregnant. I think I need some more of that Pemberley water. :o)

Nicole Fryer said...

That is so funny! Lincoln has a bear that is just like that. I am not sure how much longer it will last but it better be a while since we can't even go downstairs without it.