My friends and fellow bloggers, I am submitting that there is no better tradition for ringing in the New Year than a crumbly, dry, conifer, packed full of fireworks, dowsed in gasoline and kissed with a match. Truly, it is a sight to behold! My family and dear friends the Draper family, initiated this tradition many moons ago when I was just a little girl, and it was so much fun we just kept going. If I had to guess I would say that we are approaching our 18th tree sacrifice and each year the pyrotechnics improve.Prior to the flaming tree our night was filled with more food than anyone should eat, but of course we ate, and ate and then had a cookie or two on top. But when so many fantastic chefs provide the eats, there really is no way you can refuse.
Happy New Year sweet little girl, I'm sure if Daddy could have he would have crawled in there with you.
What an amazing man I have, I don't really know where I would be without him.
McKay and Shikeyah
4 comments:
OOh..I like that tradition although I don't think my fake tree would work quite so well:)
Here here. I want to try that tree thing out. It looks like a lot of fun for lots of little boys parading around as grown men.
Love the tree Idea. Happy New Year Aub
Mya was such a cutie, basking in all the attention. I wish she could have seen the tree! I loved that you were there!
Post a Comment