Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lots of thoughts...

Lots of thoughts are running around in my head and I'm going to do my very best to free them in such a way that it all makes sense and I can get my feelings across. This weekend my mom went to a missionary homecoming for a good friend of my younger brother. He is an awesome young man, but is just one of the amazing youth that was in my brother's circle of friends. While at this homecoming a cute girl who ran around with Ty and his buds asked my mom when Ty would be home. My mom told her that Tyson would be home the middle of June and she sweetly said, "Great! I think I'll be here then. I hope I am." This sweet 20 something girl wasn't talking about being home for the summer from college, she was talking about being alive. It hasn't been too many months ago that this cute girl was diagnosed with cancer and it has been so aggressive that the hope of recovery is slim. But, here she was attending a friends homecoming, beautifully bald, in the middle of her many treatments. What a courageous young woman. I have never met her but the words she spoke to my mom on Sunday have been in my heart everyday since. I too hope that she's here when my brother gets home.

As I have thought about his young girl's struggle to fight a physical battle I have also had my heart filled with thoughts of those around me who are fighting emotional battles. A dear friend who is going through difficult times in her marriage, others in my ward are struggling with the loss of a child, finances are a burden for many at this troubled economic time, and numerous others silently and bravely go through every day with trials that they don't share. I am humbled as I count my blessings and realize that the things that are trials in my life right now are trivial in comparison. I pray that I will act on the promptings of the spirit and offer love and assistance where needed. Often I feel that a card from a random ward member won't make a difference but I pray that it will, at least I know it will for me because I followed the prompting given by our Father and next time He will trust me to do more if needed. I am so thankful for the love and the comfort of our Savior. I know that He is mindful of each of us, that He knows each of us by name and will reach out and take us by the hand as we look to Him. I hope each of you know how much I love and appreciate you, and I pray that the trials you are facing will be lightened. With love, Aubry

12 comments:

Amberly said...

Aubry, this is beautiful. We are blessed beyond measure. Your focus on listening closely to the spirit is right on and will bless many lives. Thanks for the reminder!

The Postings of Pence said...

You are the most incredible and wise chick I know. Not to mention that I love you fiercely. thanks for helping fill my "oil" for the Saviors second coming. love ya babe

Hilary said...

The story of your brother's friend breaks my heart. My trials seem so light compared to what many others struggle with, but you are so right--everyone does have their secret sorrows too. And I have to say, thoughtful notes of encouragement, sympathy, and love really mean a lot so don't hesitate to send them if you feel the prompting. When my dad passed away a few years ago I was feeling bad about not hearing from any of my friends, but then a friend from elementary school sent me a sympathy card and it meant the world to me. I still treasure it.

Wilson Family said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts. It really touched me! It is great reminder for all of us

Robyn said...

Aubs, I heard a new country song today that said this very thing! Kinda cheesy I know, but you never know who's life you can touch just by listening to our heavenly fathers promptings! Thanks for your post, it was awesome! Your a doll!

The Kelly Variety said...

If we but endure to the end. . .What a sweet girl. I loved your post!

The Hunt's said...

That, Aubry, was just what I needed. I have been feeling sorry for myself all day. I needed a swift kick of perspective. While I think my "trial" is enormous and hard, it could be worse, it could definitely be worse. A little testimony to fix my day, thank you.

kimmalee said...

Wow hon. This is so beautiful. I have been feeling the same way lately. Worried about trivial things in my life and then seriously smacked down when I realize how good I have it compared to people I see or hear about. Thanks so much for sharing. This was a wonderful post.

Trish Griffee said...

Well Said Aubri. It's true that you never know what others are going through. No one does but the Lord. Thank godness for the Atonement so someone knows and feels the way we do and COMPLETELy understands.

Kristen M said...

I don't know you, but know Katelyn Hunt. After doing the who do you know game and connecting the dots of all those we know, we found out that my father was your husband's mission president in the Ivory Coast. I just wanted to say hi from them to him. There names were the Steenbliks. Such a small world. They send their best his way.

The Keetch Klan said...

My sweet daughter, you're such an example of love, thoughtfulness and compasion for me. I've been so overwhelmed lately with similar thoughts and sad that I struggle with not knowing what the "right thing" to do for others is. Then in that struggle the paralysis sets in and I'm sad. You're my hero!

Marcie said...

I love you Aub!!