Monday, August 31, 2009

Good day at the Links



Friday, Cody and some guys from work played in the American Family Insurance golf tournament. What a lucky guy, he gets to play golf for work. Anyway, at about noon, I got a text from him that said he had won $100.00 for getting it closest to the pin on a par 3. Sweet!! Cash is always welcome!
When he got home he proudly presented us with his 1st place trophy! I'll admit, I burst out laughing when he showed it to me. It is quite the trophy; we have compared it to a beer stein, or a Grecian urn, and he teased that when his dog dies we can cremate her and put her ashes in this beautiful urn. He also got a gift certificate to the club house, which can now fund other golf trips.
Good Job sweetie! I'm so proud of you!
Now, maybe you could take your 'urn' to work with you so that everyone can see it there.
Ha, ha, Love you!

5 comments:

kimmalee said...

Oh, it's beautiful. Congratulations Cody, you big goof.

Marcie said...

Why don't you put that baby up on a mantle or something? I mean really thats a beauty!! Good job Cody!

Robyn said...

Wow! Cody, we are so proud! Way to go!

The Kelly Variety said...

The office, ya, a good place to show off a beaut like that. ;)

Croslands said...

Way to go Coco!!!! You know once you're an adult it's harder to get trophy's. They give them out when you're younger and that's it. So really it's pretty darn cool.