Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mya's Newest Accessory



What an adventure! It all started Monday morning, we went over to have breakfast with Hansen's and as usual Mya wanted to go outside and aunt Kenzie graciously agreed to take her. After a few minutes we hear her start to scream, and Kenzie brought her in and said it was just all of the sudden and she didn't know what had happened. Well, OK I thought that maybe she had got stung by a bee since they were swarming everywhere. So I gave her a little benedryl and took her home for a nap. When she woke up however, she continued to be so out of sorts, she actually snuggled! All day long, all she wanted was to be held. We even went swimming, which is her favorite, and that was no help. Eventually, her we noticed that she wouldn't put any weight on her right leg, and if she did put any on it she would immediately start to cry. So we asked Kenz to tell us exactly what was happening when it all went down; they were jumping on the tramp, which is not a new thing, Mya LOVES the tramp, and she said that when they stopped her leg bent in just a little bit. The next morning I made an appointment with Dr. Glade, he sent me for some X-rays and here we are...broken leg. Poor little soul, what a rough couple of days. The doctor says that it commonly called a 'toddler fracture', it is like bending a piece of celery in half, and you can put it right back together and all you see is a little crack. So the plus side is that there is no effect to the growth plates and the bone wasn't displaced at all.
She was not thrilled while they put the splint on. She kept yelling 'NO-WAY' at the Doctor and cute assistant, and as soon as they took their hands away she began trying to rip the ace wraps off. So, they suggested we keep pants on her until she got used to it. We were amazed at how quickly she seems to be feeling better now that her little leg is immobilized, I can only imagine how much better that must feel to not have it jiggling around.
Tomorrow morning we go in to get a cast put on, not sure how long it will have to be on, we'll find out then.

10 comments:

kimmalee said...

Oh my little princess. I'm so sorry about your leg. I'm glad you are feeling better. It's no fun to be hurting is it? It was nice to be able to snug with you on Monday...even if that was a sign that something was terribly wrong. Love you little girl!

Wilson Family said...

Oh may Aubs I am so sorry...Let me know if you need anything, what color of cast are you going to get?

Erin Evelyn said...

oh poor little girl!! that must have hurts her so bad! i am glad she is feeling better.

FishinFamily said...

Oh Aubry that totally sucks! I am so sorry! How long will she have to have the cast?

Leslie said...

Oh man. That stinks! Poor little thing.

Marcie said...

AUB!!! SAD SAD SADNESS!! My heart breaks for you! Poor Mya, Poor mommy and daddy! If you need ANYTHING please let me know!

Marcie said...

AUB!!! SAD SAD SADNESS!! My heart breaks for you! Poor Mya, Poor mommy and daddy! If you need ANYTHING please let me know!

lramey said...

OH! don't say, "must feel better since it's not JIGGLING around!!!" holy super sadness!!!!! can i sign her cast????

Ashley said...

Good luck with that! Bless her little heart.

The Adcocks said...

I love the desciption of her leg snapping like celery, I am sure you appreciated the visual. Here's to a speedy recovery!