Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July, Corn and Movie Night

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Our 4th this year was really low key, no parades or getting up early. We hung out while Mya had a nap, which is getting very difficult because she wants to be awake all the time, then we spent the rest of the day with my parents and the fam.




Mya and uncle 'K' having a bounce on the tramp. She loves the tramp, if you let her lead that's where she'll take you.

Off on another adventure, as long as she has two fingers to hold she is game for anything. But as soon as there is only one then she freezes and waits until you give it back or sits down and crawls.

I wonder if we replaced our fingers with hot dogs or something if she would walk on her own?


We had a delicious barbecue with Goodmans, oodles of food and home made ice cream! MMmMm! There really isn't anything better that home made ice cream and a good cookie! I am salivating right now just thinking about it! Yum!


Hanging out with Cole and Heather.

Once it got dark, we got together with some more cousins and had a fantastic pyrotechnic show a la black cat fireworks. It was a great time! We could see the city fireworks from the yard so we had both ends of the spectrum. Mya was quite indifferent to the whole firework thing, and after a while the melt down hit and we headed for home and bed. All in all a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mya discovered a new favorite food this weekend... Corn on the cob!
And man was she loving every second of it. I think she was more excited about this than she was her birthday cake.



She would give a few good chews and then she would suck so hard on it you could hear her.

Cody would get too close to her end of the cob and she would push him away with her hand. We tried to take it away and she let out a war cry, so once it was gone we had to be sneaky about getting it out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Keetch Family Outdoor Theater is officially open!

We had the first movie of the season this weekend,


It's the story of the Highland Rugby team. It was really a good show. I'll be honest, I was a little nervous I wasn't sure what to expect but I really liked it. It was a really great story and really well done! I recommend it.

Each year the set up gets better and better, we started out with a sheet and our giant old indoor speakers but now we are totally uptown! A real screen and this year's addition, surround sound. It is really awesome, I can't wait to watch a good action movie out there.

McKay, Shikeyah, Mya and Cody saving our place.



Not all of us were brave enough to stay for the sleep out that followed, maybe next time.





Thanks everyone for a fun weekend!

2 comments:

The Adcocks said...

I love the corn on the cob pictures, that really is precious. What an amazing fam you have!

kimmalee said...

Oh so much to say. First, I love Mya's little 4th of July dress and may I second that there truly is nothing better than home made ice cream. Yummy. Second, what a silly girl you have. Corn on the cob more exciting than cake? That's just silly Mya. I wish I was there to see it. She is VERY serious about the corn on those pictures. So cute. And lastly, the outdoor movie is such a fun tradition. Your family has so many of those. Glad you had a great weekend and that Mya didn't lose it during the fireworks. It's always interesting the first time or two wondering how scared they'll be.