Monday, July 27, 2009

Calling Home,

Tonight I called home at 9 o'clock, I try to call whenever I go to work. I just like to check in and say goodnight, I love you, and hear the voices of my favorite people. Little did I know that this call would melt my heart. I was talking with Cody and could hear Miss Mya letting out her war whoops in the back ground, such lovely noises. After a few more yowls, Cody told me he was going to give the phone to Mya to see what she would do. As soon as I said her name, she stopped mid scream and said "Hi", and then after a little more one sided conversation by me I could hear 'ma, ma, ma' coming through the receiver. Oh, who knew those little syllables could make me so happy ... whether she really knew it was me or not, it made my night.

9 comments:

Amberly said...

oh, those are the best sounds in the world! how fun that she recognizes you- good work mya!!

Marcie said...

That Mya is seriously sooo adorable! She totally knew it was you! What a fun thing to hear, I would have bawled my eyes out! Did she say ma before da??

Lindsay said...

so cute!

Robyn said...

How cute!

Jason & Kelli West said...

that is so cute. you can tell she loves her mommy! :) It's amazing how kids can make us so happy. i can't wait to hear my boys talk.

kimmalee said...

Oh that is so sweet! Well done my little dear. I can't wait to squeeze my little niecey!

Aunt Debi said...

Boy she is smart Aubry. I can't believe how much she can say and understand at just barely over a year. She may be petite but that says nothing to what she is understanding. I think she will be surprising us for quite a while.

christina said...

thats adorable!

Katelyn & Wade said...

oh for real, is there anything better? i love it!