Hang on readers, I have done my very best to keep the number of pictures to a minimum, but those of you who know me realize that was a very difficult task. Last week, Cody, Mya and I were lucky enough to spend our week soaking up the sun in Lake Powell with Nanna and Papa Hansen. It was an absolute blast, the weather was fantastic, the water was warm, and the scenery amazing!

Mya's first encounter with her life jacket was filled with absolute anger! She was absolutely livid that we would strap her into this horrid thing that squished her face. She did not hesitate ever to let us know that she didn't want to put it on. I'll admit that I caved and brought the Binky from it's sleep only role to help keep the peace with my little girl. After a couple days she became tolerant of her fate.

She looks comfy huh?

Lookin' good honey!

I had never seen the Indian ruins at defiance house so it was really neat to see actual petroglyphs. Cody's family has always called this place 'dangling rope', it didn't take me long to figure out why.

Mya had seen enough today, can you tell?

So she and Aunt Kenzie crashed on the boat ride home.

The next day we decided to find some 'beach'. It was kind of difficult to find some without any weeds. But we found a nice place for Mya, Nanna and I to wade and the rest of the crew to hunt for lizards. The rocks behind us were so beautiful and really fun to climb on.

Mya was thrilled to be free of her life jacket and to walk around. She wanted to walk everywhere, I think she was feeling a little cooped up on the boat.


She loved getting in the water, it helped that it was such a great temperature.

The Lizard Hunters

Kenzie and Dave caught a crazy huge lizard, I think it's the biggest one ever caught by a Hansen. Only the biggest trophies for our family.

She's not afraid to poke at things, the poor lizard didn't love it but what can ya do.


Driving the boat off our sandy parking spot before we strapped her back into the torture vest.

I had to document this, I thought it was hilarious how adorable and tiny her little piggies were. They didn't last long but I did get them on film.

The next day was really fun for me because I got to play tourist and go see all the cool national park stuff that my in-laws have seen so many times but were a first for me. I loved the hour boat ride to rainbow bridge. It was so amazing to see the landscape change; everything is the smooth red sandstone cliffs and then all the sudden it changes into a 'chunky' rocky mountain and then back again. It was so beautiful.

Me and my girlie hikin' to the arch.


Mya and Aunt Kenzie.
We love our Auntie Kenzie! She was so sweet to Mya the whole time, walking back and forth wherever Mya's little heart desired, she watched her, and helped me with anything I needed.
Thanks so much kenz, you are the best!

Hole in the Rock
The next stop our my tourist route. I was blown away looking at this steep hillside where the pioneers entered the canyon. I can't imagine working my way down that in a handcart or a covered wagon in the blazing heat in long skirts.

Then we went up Escalante canyon. I wish these pictures did it justice, but they just don't.
So pretty!

I kinda like this guy!
He's sporting the rugged, I don't have to shave 'cause I'm at lake Powell look.

This was Mya's official boat riding position: blocked from the wind, Binky in mouth.

Pappa doing a little cliff jumping.

MMMmmm, Otter Pops!

Our last full day we didn't have a plan so the boys decided we needed to find a hike. We had come across this slot canyon earlier on a boat ride and we decided to check it out and see how far they could make it up. They could only make it up a little way but while we were there they met some guy who told them about a hike the next canyon over that would bring us around to the top of this canyon. We asked if it was a hard hike and he assured us that his grandmother could do it.

Well this guys grandmother must run marathons or something because man, it was crazy! It was probably much harder because we were stupid and hiked it in the middle of the day. We didn't make it all the way to the top of the slot canyon, but it was fun to say we tried. And boy it felt nice to jump into the water when we got back.

Thanks everyone for a great time, I love ya!
4 comments:
Yea I've been looking forward to Powell pics. Living vicariously you know. Little Mya looks like a teeny tiny movie star in her adorable swim suits. You guys really got a lot of playing in especially considering staying in the slip. Glad it was such a fun vacation with little Mya and that she was a good sport most of the time!
I am super jealous!! What a fun trip.
how adorable!! thats great to see you had a good time with your family :) cute blog!
Tess is not a fan of the life jacket either, they are a total bummer! Where did you find her little water shoes?! So cute! And her little swimsuits. It looks like you guys had a great time, now you Hansen's just need to learn to ski!
Post a Comment