This handsome little man turned two years old! Who would have know that two years ago I was nervous about having a little boy. I was nervous for the unknown of raising a little boy, figuring out the differences between my girls and worried that I just wouldn't be a good boy mom. Well I don't know if I can claim to be a good boy mom but I can honestly say that he has utterly and completely captured my heart. He brings such a fun new dynamic to our family! He is my snuggly little boy that is always happy to spend some quality snuggle time with his mommy watching Mickey Mouse.
It is also thrilling to watch him become a loud, rough and tumble little boy. We love you Mister Hayze!
A few days earlier the rotten stomach bug hit the entire family. So on his day he was a little less than 100%. Still his sweet, happy self but you could tell he was just a little tired.
It was really fun shopping for little boy gifts. He is very much into 'boy' things. So much so that if he sees our neighbor boys out playing he is begging to go outside, makes his way to the end of the cul-de-sac and makes himself at home in their sandbox with all the tractors. Now he's got some of his own.
Little man was perfectly content playing with his trucks for quite some time and could not be bothered to continue to open presents. His sweet sisters sacrificed and helped him.
He was instantly thrilled with his new golf clubs from Nana and Papa. He is getting to practice on his basketball skills with his new hoop from Grams and Grandpa.
Laying in the midst of his spoils.
He wasn't so sure that he wanted to stop playing to have cake, in fact he told me no when I asked. But then when we asked him if he wanted ice cream, he paused and then ran into the kitchen. This boy loves his ice cream!
What do you do when you see a car? You make it go, of course!
Then he was a little distressed about the frosting on his hands.
We tried to help him figure out how to blow out the candles but as we were coaching him he decided that the little trees looked like they would be super fun to squish! So he started plopping his hand down on each one. It was fantastic! Then the fun ended when he continued to plop his hand down on the candles. But, the ice cream made life much better.
Happy Birthday Hayze man!! We love you so much!!









1 comment:
Oh you are a fabulous boy mom, Aub. He is a darling little boy. I can't believe he's already two! I love that he made a big mess with his cake and I love the picture of him on the floor in the middle of all of his toys. Well done little man. Happy birthday Hayze!
Post a Comment