We like a good new years party in our family, and we've celebrated quite a few with our friends the Draper's. We always have plenty of food and this little Mister helped himself to the chocolate covered pretzels. I was helping Grams in the kitchen and he found the jack pot in the living room. He had one completely clean and three others in his mouth. Who can blame the boy, they are delish.
There was no way I was going to keep this little sass pants up past his bed time. So, since I'm that mom, we had a little New Year Photo -op before he went up to bed. I love this little man! The twinkle in his eye and his expressions when he discovers something new make me so happy.
Puzzles are an essential part of all Keetch/Draper New Years Eve celebrations. Generally they keep us going until close to or after midnight depending on the puzzle. This year though, these crazies had it finished almost before I knew they had started it. I didn't even do one piece! I guess that could have been because I was chasing and entertaining these darling faces.
Mister Hayze hanging out with Auntie Jo.
Big happenings this year, Chris surprised Erin with the question she's been longing to say 'yes' to. She was caught completely by surprise, I love that!
We managed to get in some Tenzie and Greed before midnight.
We were happy to have Uncle Adam staying with us for a few days. He had been visiting Camarie's family in St. George and Cody couldn't have his brother that close without getting a couple days of hunting in. They had been out all day and being the good sports that they are, they came. My hubby knows I'm a little silly about traditions.
Sweet Miss Sadie did all she could to stay awake but if you notice the clock, so close and yet so far.
Mya on the other hand was ready to go. All day she was concerned about if she was going to be able to use a noisemaker and wear a crown. All her wishes were granted. We had to get creative because she had to have her Frozen earmuffs on as well.
I feel like every New Year should involve fireworks, and a burning evergreen. This year the tree needed a wee bit of encouragement but not to worry, Tyson and Scott were ready with a little liquid encouragement. It's a miracle that they both have any facial hair left.
Another year with this sweet little redhead. She is growing up and I'm not sure if I appreciate time passing so quickly.
My incredible Mom and Dad. I am so very blessed to have had these amazing people as an example in my life.
Scott and Laura the cute little newlyweds.
Mr. Eli, he was going strong to the very end. Our girls were out cold on the couch and he was on the run! And this Boy's dimple and smile will melt you.
20 minutes after midnight, Happy New Year to all and to all a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment