Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sometimes I just wanna squeeze 'em!

I've had the reoccurring thought lately, thoughts about how very much I love my children.  (Don't assume I'm a wonder woman who never looses her temper or gets frustrated with these little people that are my daily companions. Because, I'm not. I'm far from perfect.) I have found myself filled with so much emotion on their behalf. I feel like I want to hold them so tight, to squeeze them so that the love I have in me has to flow into them. So they know, without question that they are loved. Loved unconditionally. I want to hold them while they sleep, kiss their little foreheads, their round cheeks, their little hands. I desperately want them to know, to have their little hearts overflow with it. I want to be a strength to them in a darkening world. So, that when they are torn down by others, or the adversary, they will have my love to counteract the negative and build them up. They will have all their mother's love and the love of our Father in Heaven; a strong shield against whatever fiery darts are sent their way.
I imagine these feelings are how our Heavenly Father feels about us, about me, as he watches us navigate this life. I feel closer to Him as I contemplate that. Gaining a deeper knowledge of our Savior and Heavenly Father's love for each one of us.

4 comments:

The Payne Family said...

I love this! You are an incredible momma and your kids are so very lucky to have you!

kimmalee said...

You are a wonderful Momma. It's amazingly strong stuff, being a momma, isn't it? I wanna squeeze your little ones too. They are wonderful, sweet little beings and I wish they'd all stop growing up all the time!

Debbie said...

I understand this more than I ever have with being a mommy now! And I agree! You are a great mom Aubrey!

Debi said...

Those feelings are so sweet and will continue to intensify. I definitely think we were given the best job from heaven. I'm so grateful you are the mother of those wonderful grands of mine!!