Yep, we have two cute little cheeky's in big girl panties.
I would be lying if I told you that I was excited about this or ready to take on this challenge. I'm not. I'm terrified this time around. I don't know why this time it is so different. Mya's wasn't that bad in fact I think she did quite well. So, why does my heart palpate when I would think about starting the process with Sadie. I have known I should get going since probably December. I told myself I would do it after we went to Disneyland. Then I put it off until after the baby came. I kept buying the small packs of diapers telling myself that when this pack runs out I will do it. Well, like the addict I am, I always kept buying just one more pack. Finally last night I discovered that I was using my last diaper and something inside told me that it had to happen now. When I broke the news that there would be no more diapers in the morning little miss was down right excited about it. That gave me a little hope. Still after feeding Hayze at 3am and crawling back into bed I wanted to cry. All the crazy scenarios played across my mind....I'm feeding Hayze and we have to drop everything and run, I'm literally stuck pumping when the call comes (for those of you who know this is not a quick stop), carting all my kiddo's to the bathroom multiple times while at church on Sunday, worrying about how she will do in nursery, all the clean up and laundry that was about to hit became very real and daunting.
Morning came and this cute little lady was thrilled to ditch her dipe for panties. For the most part I feel like today was a success I would say C+ maybe. We've had a couple great successes where she told me she had to go and we made it. We had a nap time accident and quite a few 'I have to go potty' after things were already in motion and a few lets just go sit to see if you will give me a sticker experiences. I did have to jump up mid feeding like I expected but it was fine. I'm sure it won't be the last time and that many of my other fears will come true too. But, just like today we will live, they won't be as bad as I had imagined and we will move on. I'm proud of her for hanging in there and reminding me that accidents are OK. I love you Sadie, you're doing great!
2 comments:
You are amazing. Simple as that.
I agree. You are amazing. I'm sure it will be rough, but if she's excited and ready, I'm sure that will make it a bit easier. I'm glad Hayze is letting you rest a bit more at night. That's wonderful. You're incredible Aubry. You can do a new baby and potty training while your man is out of town. You really can!
Post a Comment