Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mya's Preschool Graduation!

Ok, mom's out there! Whichever one of you has figured out the 'pause' feature on life please be a gem and share it with me! It's going to fast! My baby, my first baby graduated from preschool and is over the moon excited to be going to kindergarten in the fall. I however am not so sure that I want to let her go all alone into that giant building that seems much to large for such a tiny person. OK, so these aren't exactly the feelings I was meaning to share right now so they will have to wait for another time. Despite the mixed emotions I felt over this day it was wonderful! My little lady was all smiles.
Mrs. Maureen has been absolutely amazing! She adores all of these sweet, busy little beings and nurtures them and helps them grow so much! I am so thankful for her and how much she has helped Mya grow and be ready for her next adventure in Kindergarten. The progress that I've seen over school year is amazing.

 Their program was darling, filled songs, of course hand gestures and from Miss Mya, choice facial expressions. I saw myself as I watched her. If a classmate forgot to stand up she was reminding him or her to do so. Always the motherly one/boss. Each child had to memorize a part for the program, two lines about there year that corresponded with a letter of the alphabet. Miss Mya had G & H
"G is for the good friends we made throughout the year."
"H is for happy faces, filled with love and cheer."
 We practiced her part every day, I wanted her to feel confident with it in case all the parents made her nervous. She did wonderful! I was a proud mama! She stood right up with her visuals and projected that part so everyone could hear. Sweet little Miss.
 She got to hold this valentine for the valentines day song...
It sums up how I feel about her pretty well. I'm crazy about this little curly redhead.
  Their final song was an adapted version of 'Zip-a-dee-do-dah'
Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay
My oh my, summer's coming our way!
Plenty of sunshine, swimming and play
Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay
There's a sadness in the air now
It's over, It's done
But wasn't preschool lots of FUN!
Oh! Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay
Summer's coming, coming our way!
 Grams came and shared in the festivities and brought these yummy graduation lei's for our special girl. Thanks for coming Grams, it was so sweet of you!
 We even lucked out and had daddy here. He was supposed to be at work in ND but the truck he was having repaired wasn't done. We weren't complaining one little bit about having him here to share the big day. Miss Mya, we love you so much! You are growing up into such a sweet, smart, loving little girl. You are kind and loving to your sister and brother and you look out for them. You are learning so much and doing so well in school, we are very proud of you. You remember the things you have learned and you want share them with us. I hope your love of learning continues to grow. It may be hard, you may not always like it but I promise that the knowledge that you obtain will only help you to become better. You will do great things my little Miss, I love you!

2 comments:

kimmalee said...

That is so great. She looks darling in her little graduation hat and candy lei. I'm so glad Cody was able to be there for her big day. I feel ya about kindergarten. I'm dreading it. I'm lucky I have one more year to get used to the idea, but I know if won't really be any easier when it's time for him to go. I know we gotta do it, but to me, they're both still little babies.

Lindsay said...

I love her facial expressions! So darling!