
As you can see, we were SUPER excited to celebrate the arrival of a new year.

Prior to heading over to Grams and Grandpa's for feasting, puzzling, greeding, and tree burning we spend a hour or so with Papa and Kenzie at Trafalga playing games. It was a fun warm up to the night and Mya had a blast playing 'Deal or No Deal' with Kenzie. Mya was quite passionate when she would yell, 'NO DEAL!!" and slap the button.

I'm not sure but she might like her uncle...

I adore traditions! I love being able to look forward to something. Anticipating the time to be spent with good friends and family. New Years eve is one of those traditions for me! And this year was no exception. We added a fun twist this year, we opened the time capsule we made in the year 2000 and we filled it again to open in another 10+ years. It was awesome to discover all the great treasures from my 15 year old self. The pictures we had in there were priceless, as were the clothing catalogs. Good times!!

This year's puzzle was terrible! 1500 pieces of random antique buttons. It was awesome! We worked for a good hour and a half and I think we may have manged to complete the edges, and possibly 8 buttons. It's still out at my parents if any of you are brave enough to come help us try and finish it.

Deni, Nick, Scott, Sami, Erin and I puzzling over the endless sea of pieces.

Sadie got her new years kisses a little early and retired to bed at the late hour of 10 o'clock.

I love my sweet ladies!

Mya was holding on for all she was worth, her little eyes were getting pretty droopy here just 5 or so minutes before midnight.

Handing out all the party goods helped perk her up a little bit.

Our dear Draper clan
5..4..3..2..1!!!
Happy New Year!!!

McKay decided that we needed to torch 2 trees this year to make up for one he will miss while he is on his Mission. I was in complete agreement, since it made for that much bigger pyrotechnics.

Love this man!!

Ty and Miss Hallah

McKay and Miss Megan

Zach and McKell, whom Mya has adopted as her own.

McKell kept her safe from all the craziness and noise.


Mya and Grandpa making ready for the toasting of a new year.

Cheers!

The girls (20+ years of friendship)
Aubry, Sami, Deni, and Erin

The Boys
Cody, McKay, Tyson, Scott and Nick
1 comment:
Your family is growing up so fast! loved your chirstmas pictures as well
Post a Comment