Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hogwarts, Hogsmead, and Honeydukes

Thursday took us to Universal Studios. We aren't huge Universal fans but Harry Potter World was calling to us all! Maybe not so much Cody, but I was beside myself when we turned the corner and this came into view. Giddy is really the word.



As you can see we weren't the only ones making the pilgrimage Potterdom. It was so very crowded. The line to go into Olivanders wand shop was over an hour and the line to get into the store to purchase dress robes and other house clothing was even longer. I was very impressed how authentic the areas felt. So so fun!!

The line to get into Hogwarts and to ride the ride inside was over 2 hours. Since we had the girls we had to do it in shifts and unlike Disney the staff told us that there was no rider swap program. Grams was furious when she discovered there actually was a rider swap as she exited the ride and let them know about it. Go Grams!! So Cody and I were guaranteed a swap but the boys may or may not have discovered a weak link in the system and we were able to bypass a very large section of the line and still be able to experience the fun areas they had made as you wait.


The Green house, Dumbledore's office, the Great Hall, the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom where we were snowed on due to a spell gone wrong, corridors with talking paintings. It was very well done!



McKay outside of Dumbledore's office.



Sadie and I hanging out in Hogsmead while Grams, Grandpa and the boys waited to enter Hogwarts.



Mya was quite concerned with the shrieking mandrake that was in the window behind us. But being the cruel mother that I am I made her be in the picture with me. This was after we had just left the girls bathroom, home of moaning Myrtle. Yep, Myrtle was there moaning and complaining and that was very concerning to Mya. I assured her as best I could that Myrtle was just silly and for fun, but many times through the week when we would enter a potty she would ask me if 'Mertlee' was in this potty too.







Honeydukes was amazing! All the candy you can imagine! We filled bags of treats, purchased chocolate frogs and I got some dark chocolate peppermint toads that are quite the delight.






Berttie Botts every flavor Beans...I got a dirt one and I think horseradish.



Doesn't every little girl want a pink spiral staircase covered in candy?!



We ate at the 3 broomsticks, which was very good. I had fish and chips and Cody had chicken and ribs.







Sadie nappin' it up as we waited in line to order.



But she woke promptly when we sat down to eat and took care of daddy's corn as well as most of grams.



This gal has a thing for corn.



And what trip to the world of Harry, Ron and Hermione would be complete without sampling Butterbeer? I was a little nervous but it was absolutely delish! A lovely combination of cream soda and butterscotch creme.



Mya LoVEd it! She would wait with big puppy dog eyes beside anyone of us that had one in our hands.



Uncle K and Grandpa



Grams and Uncle Ty



4 comments:

Debi said...

I'm so glad you got to go! What a great job they did of making everything look so real. Hopefully the newness will wear off and we can go back someday when it is not so busy.

kimmalee said...

Oh Aubs, it looks like so much fun!They did such a good job! I love the girls' reactions, especially Mya wondering if Myrtle was in bathrooms all day. So cute.

Nicole Fryer said...

Oh my gosh it looks like so much fun. How did your girls do on the flight over? How long did you get to stay?

The Stanley's said...

Lol I love that your posting all this! My favorite part is mya worried myrtle was in the bathroom! So funny!