Our very last Thursday picture. Tomorrow you are officially one year old. One year ago you can into our lives and I learned what is feels like to become the mother of two. I wasn't sure how my heart was going to expand to make room for another love but I had been assured that your heart grows to make room. That is exactly what happened, the moment I saw your sweet little face I knew that I couldn't love you any more. I am so blessed to have my two sweet little ladies, I love you forever and for always. Happy Birthday Sadie Lady!
This week you have been given and interesting birthday gift...Roseola aka the baby measles.
~Start with a upper respiratory infection ...check
~Next 3-4 days of 102 fever...check
~ Now when the fever breaks, poof a tiny pin-point red rash on your head and trunk...check
I learned about this in nursing school but when you are a mom you have and invincibility complex when it comes to your kids. This is a different virus than the measles that you get vaccinated for so we just get to hang in there until it has run its course. They say the rash only lasts a few days so we are almost there. And another good thing, they aren't contagious when they are symptomatic, so knock on wood your big sister doesn't decide to catch it.
This week you have been given and interesting birthday gift...Roseola aka the baby measles.
~Start with a upper respiratory infection ...check
~Next 3-4 days of 102 fever...check
~ Now when the fever breaks, poof a tiny pin-point red rash on your head and trunk...check
I learned about this in nursing school but when you are a mom you have and invincibility complex when it comes to your kids. This is a different virus than the measles that you get vaccinated for so we just get to hang in there until it has run its course. They say the rash only lasts a few days so we are almost there. And another good thing, they aren't contagious when they are symptomatic, so knock on wood your big sister doesn't decide to catch it.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sadie! She is so precious. I hope she feels better soon. It's so sad when they are sick for their birthday.
That is a beautiful picture. Happy Birthday my little niecey. I love you so so much! I hope you feel better soon. That's the pits!
Post a Comment