Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Playin' in the Snow

Mya has been wanting to play in the snow ever since it arrived on Sunday. I kept putting her off since she didn't have any snow boots or any shoes that I wanted to let get soaked. So Monday we headed off to 'Karget' (Target) to get her some pink snow boots which she insisted on wearing that entire evening. She finally got her wish today and we spent the afternoon playing in the snow.


We did a lot of this today. She would tell me, 'Get some snow momma. Now, frow it in da air'! This game never seemed to get old, she would play or march around and then stop and instruct me to throw some more snow.


She marched around singing 'Following the Leader' from Peter Pan, and 'Once there was a Snowman'.


Me and my little sweetie, squinting in the sun.

Sadie Ladie got bundled up and supervised. She was pretty entertained by her sister, when Mya was out of sight she would start to fuss . But, once I turned her chair so she could see Mya again she was just fine.


Of course we had to make a snowman. I thought I might get away with not having facial accessories but I was wrong. We had to find some eyes and a nose. So we looked around until we found some rocks for the eyes and an icicle for its nose. Mr. Snowman lasted long enough for me to snap a few pictures and then she had a great time knocking him over.


Why Hello Mr. Snowman, how are you doing?


What a great afternoon watching Mya play, I love listening to her talk to herself. Often I wonder what is really going on in her little mind, seeing and doing all these things must be so fun and new for her. It also is a fantastic way to get out some toddler wiggles. Yay for snow!


4 comments:

Mallory said...

haha Oh my dear Aub that is so fun. She looks darling all bundled up for the cold. I love hearing the funny things her cute little voice says. So fun.

Sue said...

Cute! Aub, I love your hair. I've always loved you hair, but that last picture...you're a hot mama!

kimmalee said...

Yay for snow indeed. Such a cute little button of a girl. I love her tiny snow clothes. Pink, pink, pink. And little Sadie looks cute all bundled up too. Looks like a wonderful afternoon.

The Hunt's said...

How cute is that? You almost had me wanting to move back to the cold there for a minute! Tessa is all about Frosty right now, she would be in heaven I'm sure. You are a good mama.