Friday, December 5, 2008

Mya's First Trip To...



Mya, Cody and I went on our first visit to Cabela's as a family.

I wanted to know what was on Cody's "Christmas List" so we headed that way to check out coyote calls, guns, ammo, as well as all the huge animals.


Imparting Fatherly wisdom..

"Mya, these are Mule Deer. See how each antler is separate. White tail antlers all come off a main beam. We kill Mule Deer!"

Wowser! What are those big, fat things?!?

Mya was enthralled by the fish!

We watched her, watch them for quite a while. It was so cute to watch her move her head back and forth as the fish swam by.
There are some fish in there that are bigger than she is.


Little Davy Crockett in her coonskin cap.


Cody got a good laugh when I asked him if we could go see the 'wild' animals after we looked at the deer and elk. He just stared at me then asked, 'You mean the African animals?'

Oh, dear! I guess my bleach blonde is sinking in.

Good times had by one and all and I'm sure as long as Cody keeps hunting, it won't be our last trip to the Worlds Foremost Outfitter.

7 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Boy Aubry, you are a good sport. I would think you would be teaching her color coordination and accesserizing before wild animal identification. She kind of looks like she might have Aunt Mallory's fish whispering talent. I guess it is nice to know you only have to shop at one place for Cody's presents.
XO Debi

kimmalee said...

Yep, you are a good sport. Such cute pix of little Mya. I love the little coon skin cap and the confused look on her face. What a great way to begin her education and introduction to the "family business". It was easy to shop for the boys of the family growing up. One trip to sportsman's wearhouse or now Cabellas and we're set. You've got that going for you.

The Adcocks said...

Oh what a well rounded child you will have! She is beautiful and I was so happy to see you guys on Friday. Maybe Mya can teach Gabe Mule Deer identification when they get bigger.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I'm surprised this is Mya's first trip there! My sister who's married to a crazy hunting man, made a stop by there on the way home from the hospital with their first baby...not kidding!

Croslands said...

I love her little racoon hat. Is Santa giving her that for Christmas? That is so fun that she was following the fish. Isn't it fun to see them discover new things. You guys are in a pretty fun stage and it only gets better.

The Keetch Klan said...

You might have a little outdoors-girls on your hands, but you love it too, Aubry! What a great combo- hunting and shoe shopping! I guess you'll have to decide between the coonskin cap and the "Skeeter" cap. Hmmm, which one looks best with her eyes? Love, Mom

Munford Family said...

Cute blog Aubry! I love the raccoon hat! Mya is so cute!