Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas, Baths & Crafts!!

~Christmas~

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Yeah, for us! The Christmas decorations finally made it upstairs!

Cody and I set up the Christmas tree while Mya supervised. She likes the feel of the branches.

Mya and I testing out the mistletoe ball, yup it is fully operational!


I really love Nativities! So every year I have to display my collection, okay my collection of 4. But I love them all, they are all so very different. Some are ornate, others very simple but each one tells the same story. The story of the birth of our Savior. The humble way he entered the world He would save. I am so thankful for Him and for the infinite love that He has for each of us and so freely gives.


Cody's parents brought us back this nativity from Isreal, isn't it beautiful!

Merry Christmas in Hebrew: Mo'adim Lesimkha


I picked this little one up in Mexico.

Feliz Navidad!

This one came back from the Ivory Coast with Cody.
Joyeux Noel!

And this one I guess is my 'American' nativity. No exciting story, just the fact that I love it!
Merry Christmas!

********************************************
~Baths~
Well, since it is Thursday you all know that it is time for another 'Thursday Picture'!

Up until just lately, Mya's baths have been less than entertaining, an quick in out, she lays there and wonders what the heck I'm doing to her. But a couple weeks ago while visiting gram's house she discovered that splashing is a riot!

Now bathtime is quite fun, but I always do it prior to getting ready for the day because I get a bath too !

(25 weeks)

Oh, a hooded towel! Don't you all wish they made them in adult sizes!

Then we could all wrap up and be cute and warm when we jump out of the shower!

********************************************
~Crafts~

My sweet friend Becky just had her baby yesterday and before I take her gift to her I had to show it off. I was quite proud of myself because I made it! Yup, all by myself! It is far from perfect but pretty darn good none the less! I hope she loves her one of a kind carseat cover!


Aren't the giant buttons fantastic?!!




15 comments:

Hilary said...

I love all of your Nativities! I collect them too and just finished putting them out, so it was fun to look at yours. I love my willow tree one, but I don't have all the parts you have yet. I'm working on it though.

So, is your car seat cover pattern a secret or would you be willing to tell me how to make it. My mom and I were just talking about that kind of cover and trying to figure out how to do it. If you don't want to tell I understand though.

Erin Evelyn said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I Love your christmas spirit!!!

If i ever decide to grow up and have babies you HAVE to make me one of those cute covers!!!

Hilary said...

Thanks! That would be great if you could send me a pattern. Let me know how much is costs you to send and I'll pay for it. Can you give me your email address so I don't have to post my address on the internet? Thanks! My email is hilarylarson@gmail.com

Amberly said...

I think about adult-sized hooded towels every time I bathe these little ones... they are so cozy! and little mya is a darling little peanut all wrapped up!

Croslands said...

I loved this post. So much going on! Maggie has yet to figure out how fun the bath can be. Mya looked so cute in that sink.

Nice job on the carseat cover. So cute and I did love the big buttons!

The Stanley's said...

I love the holidays! Mya is so cute! I just love how her personality is starting to show! And that carseat cover..oh my goodness! you are a talented woman! I love it! And it just wouldn't be as cute without the giant buttons! :)

Nicole Fryer said...

That is so great that you made that carseat cover I love it. And I love those nativity sets. Christmas is so fun.

Robyn said...

Aubs, I have that same nativity from Isreal, Brent it back for us! Thats funny! Your house looks darling, and way cute carseat cover, love it!

lramey said...

umm pretty sure you could whip up a hooded bath towel to fit a man of Brent's size with the mad skills you've got going on over there!!! what the car seat cover??!!! SOOOOOOOO cute! someday i'll own a sewing maching, and then you can teach me to become a masterful seamstress like unto yourself!

kimmalee said...

Mya looks SO different than when I saw her last! Oh I can't wait for the kisses and snuggles! Such cute bathtime pictures. I feel the same way about baths, Mya. Best part of the day...on days when I get to take a bath!
Your carseat cover is super cute babe! Well done!

FishinFamily said...

Mya is SO super cute! Gotta love that you get a bath at the same time.
I love the nativity sets. I actually got my first one this year...it's a little wood one that the kids put stickers on. HA HA HA Maybe I'll start a collection like you, this year being my first.
You are a crafty woman aren't you?! I'm not suprised, your mom had to unpick nearly everything I did in Home Ec. LOL It's probably in your genes. :D Next time I have a baby I'll know who to call.

Kayla said...

I love the carseat cover...cute choice in fabric!!! And I do love the giant buttons!!! So cute, I might have to steal a pattern!!!

Morgan Family said...

I love the Christmas Tree and the nativity scenes! That is so fun that Mya is liking to take baths. It is so fun when they learn how to splash. :) I absolutely love your car seat cover. You should start selling them! I think they would be a big hit!

Trish Griffee said...

I love the car seat cover. I'm afraid keija would rip it right off though...She a little strong. I can't put her in overalls:(

JoAnn said...

Love the car seat cover!! FANTASTIC!! I like the Nativites too. (BTW, not a stanger, married to Cody's sousin Jake Fowler)