Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quirk (Plural; quirks) noun: An Odd Habit

I was tagged by Aunt Tricia to share with you 6 of my Quirks.

So to all of you I say; enjoy and feel free to laugh at the oddity that is me.


In no particular order...


1- I sleep with one or both of my feet out of the bed at night. It doesn't matter how cold or hot it is, one foot Must always be free. This little quirk wreaks havoc on my side of the bed. The covers are always untucked from the bottom of my side and the covers are usually angled toward Cody. He loves this, I assure you. Ask him.




2- I have a 'thing' with chicken. Well I guess to be more specific, the little tendon thingies that come attached to the chicken. So prior to cooking or while eating chicken, I can be found cautiously observing for any little gristle, skin, or vein that may cause that piece to deemed contaminated.




3- When I am at work I like to have the area around me clean and without clutter. I just can't seem to focus on my charting unless the area around me is picked up. We also have this white board that has the room assignments on it and it drives me insane if it is messy, which it always is. So usually around 2am when my charting is caught up and the patients are sleeping I have to take the board down, clean it and re-write everything so that it looks nice. I have tried not doing it, it was painful.




4- When I am nervous, like when I used to have to take tests, I pick at myself. Any little thing on my face that I can pick at, zits, dry skin, anything gets picked. It is a disgusting, nervous habit and I am so glad that my test taking days are over because this compulsion has reduced significantly.




5- I have to have my beverages ice cold! Water, soda, juice, milk (especially milk) need to be cold or I don't like to drink it. As a result of this, I use a lot of ICE. If there is ever any question which glass is mine, it's the one with more ice than liquid.




6- This is a horrible habit that I have been working on getting rid of for quite some time. When the toilet paper roll is out...I always get a new roll but I just sit it on top of the old one or on the back of the toilet. I don't know why, I realize that this is pretty much pure laziness. (I told you I was working on it!)


So there you have it. Hope you enjoyed some of my deep dark secrets.

Now it is your turn...I tag Mom, Becky and Kim

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Your quirks aren't so bad. Some of them are like mine! I guess you're "normal" after all. Thanks for sharing!

The Stanley's said...

You are so funny! I think alot of these are in our family.. cus i do a lot of them too! I loved this so I stole it. :) Love ya!

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

Aubry--You are added. And oh that Mya! She coudn't be any cuter. What a fun family you have.(p.s.Iam with you on the messy area at work, I can't do anything till it is clean)