There were so many things that we wanted to do, play, and visit while the Makechnie's were here. Days filled up quickly so when we woke up on zoo day and the forecast called for rain we were left with a dilemma...do we go or try and shuffle and find another day. We decided to chance it with the hope that we wouldn't be caught in an epic downpour.
It turned out to be a perfectly wonderful day. It was a little chilly and when the rain did start to come down it was just in time for us to find some lunch.
We hadn't been to the zoo in a long time! The African savanna area was such a fun area that we used as a giant live action I-spy.
It also happened to have the zoorasic park exhibit, which was a huge hit with the kiddo's! It was so much fun to watch them ooh and ahh over each one. Tate is so stinkin' smart and soaks up everything that his amazing mom teaches him so he was able to tell us many of the Dinosaur names in addition to some of our less scientific names. AKA long neck.
My little monkeys.
After lunch we spent some time with the bears, which also makes big daddy happy. I really enjoy watching the three grizzly bear siblings that they have. They are really such incredible animals, gigantic and a bit scary. I definitely wouldn't want to have any sort of encounter with them in the wild without big daddy and his gun there with us. But I do like watching them interact with each other. I love that they wrestle and play with each other.
The kiddo's watching these brother's wrestle like big bear cubs.
Mr. T-Rex was a must see on the kids list. I was surprised and happy that none of them were scared, a little timid but no tears were shed.
Mya and Sadie are definitely the head of the Taryn and Kenna fan club! They wanted to spend as much time as they could with these little cuties. It made this mama heart happy. All in all it was a grand day of adventure, a little wet, but so worth it.
1 comment:
Hello I want to see my blog you'll love and I am Spanish http://pepelaja.blogspot.com.es/
Post a Comment