The night has come! The night for friends, family, food, fireworks and flames! The night when we round up all the Draper's and Keetch's and anyone else who wants to join us and we celebrate the coming of a new year.
The celebrations have had to be adapted some now that we are adding kiddo's back into the mix. No evenings gathered around 500 piece puzzles. This year we threw it back to the old days and pulled out the Little Mermaid movie poster puzzle.
We got to meet Deni and Nick's new little miss Penny tonight. I was a bit surprised that the girls wanted to hold her and see her as much as they did. They kept saying how cute they thought she was and Sadie loved her headband and how soft her skin was. Pretty sweet little ladies. I'm excited for them to meet their twin cousins when they come to visit us this summer.
We of course had to get a few games in. We tried out a new one called Telistrations. It was a pretty good time. Imagine combining pictionary and the game telephone. Then of course we had to play some Greed. You can't have new years eve without some Greed.
This year was the first year in probably 7 or 8 years that all the kids were 'home' for New Years. Travels, Missions and other obligations had at least one of us somewhere else. We decided that we needed a photo to record the event. We figure that our parents started celebrating together when Deni and I were 3 years old. The tree burning came along somewhere down the road. That's 27 New Years together. We pulled out some old pictures and it was fun to see us all together then and now.
Draper / Keetch Shenanigans!
Soon enough it was time to get ready to welcome the new year. Sadie was feeling sleepy but perked up when she found out the she was so close to seeing the 'fire tree'. It was bitter cold so we all bundled up with our coats, hats and gloves and waited until the last possible minute to head outside.
Zach and Tyson - Zach and his cute wife McKell came and celebrated with us and we love when they come!
Fireworks and lighter fluid made quick work of this little tree! I love our crazy fun traditions and I'm not going to lie that I love seeing the look on people's faces when I tell them how we celebrate. Don't knock it until you try it.
I'm betting you are wondering where our cute little man is. He stayed home with Nana and Papa this year. He's been pretty insistent about his bedtime lately. It felt a little different not having to pack an diaper bag and we definitely missed our little Hayze.
Surveying their work and I'm sure already planning for the next one.
Megan and McKay - These two have had a pretty eventful 2014 with lots of firsts. Here's wishing you even more in 2015!
And of course the traditional toast to the New Year.
Auntie Jo and Uncle Mark.
"Clink"
The Page Family: Nick, Eli, Deni and Penny
Our Sassy Shupes: Chris and Erin.
Me and my amazing mama. I love her so much and every day I realize more and more how blessed I am to have her as my mother.
Welcome, welcome 2015! We are excited to see what you have in store for us. I'm hoping that since we welcome you in with such excitement that you will treat us equally well.
1 comment:
Such a fun tradition! And I love the pictures of your sleepy little girlies at the end of the night. What a great post.
Post a Comment