As I crawled into my bed last night, after another wonderful Christmas, my heart was full. It felt full to overflowing with gratitude for the numerous blessings that have poured into my life. Yesterday was so full of joy. It was sprinkled with a little stress and a little chaos, but what Christmas day isn't? I was surrounded by family who I love and love me back. My kiddo's were so much fun to watch as they soaked in the wonder of Christmas morning. I feel blessed for all the moments that I have with these little people. I love seeing their facial expressions, listening to them talk about their presents, reminding them to say thank you, watching them play with their toys and each other. I feel blessed that we were able to provide them with the things they need as well as the things that they want. I realize that there are many who are not so fortunate.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is a wonderful companion and friend. I am thankful for his job, and I'm thankful that his job didn't need him on Christmas day. I love being able to watch him play with our children, to see him teach them and love them and know that he will be there to guide them as they grow. I'm glad that he understands me. That he knows that sometimes I get a little crazy and he knows how to deal with that.
I felt blessed that we were able to be surrounded by our family. The blessing of one another's time is so wonderful. I love that the Christmas spirit encourages the expression of love toward one another. That we spend time talking, sharing memories, eating great food, continuing traditions and expressing the love that fills our hearts makes my heart happy.
Most of all I am thankful for the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't know if I can fully express the love I have for him and for the knowledge I have of his atonement. I know that because of His love and life that I will be able to continue on after this life surrounded by the moments and people that I hold so dear.
1 comment:
Beautifully said, Aubry. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment