Mya had her big dance recital on June 7th. Sweet little Miss was so cute! She was so excited to get all dressed up in her costume. She was not excited that she had to wear mascara, but we managed to get some on her long little lashes. The day before she had a dress rehearsal and as we were walking out to the car after she seemed a little sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I'm just nervous because sometimes I forget some of the steps." We chatted, and we decided to say prayers that night to help her remember the steps and not be nervous. Every prayer included this request.
Her performance was the best I had seen her!
I went to get her after she finished her second dance because she had told me she wanted to come and watch the rest of the dancers. When I turned the corner and she saw me she ran right to me, threw her arms around me and hugged me more tightly than she has in a while. She looked at me and said proudly, 'I remembered the steps!' My mommy cup was overflowing and my heart was so full at that moment. I love this little darling girl with all my heart. I am thankful for the opportunity for her to see the power of prayer work in her life.
I am so proud of her!
The newly engaged Uncle McKay and Megan came to support her. Pretty sweet of them to give up their Saturday to come.
I love this picture of Mya kissing Hayze.
Grams and Grandpa are fantastic! They brought her flowers which was thrilling for her. Grandpa was on Hayze duty which was a lifesaver! Little man was less than interested in the dancing but was thrilled to wander the halls with grandpa.
I'm so happy that she has found something that she loves! It's darling to watch her, to see her at class wondering if she is learning or even paying attention, but then to see her at her performances and watch her little talent grow. She has informed me that she wants to take two classes next time and so we shall.
2 comments:
Such a sweet and tender post. I love your miss Mya! You are so beautiful.
SO SO sweet!! :)
Post a Comment