In celebration of Pioneer day Grams, Grandpa and Uncle K invited us, well mostly they invited the kids they just let us tag along, to the new aquarium.
There were just a few other people in the valley that had the same plans. I was a little worried about how crowded it would be when we saw the parking lot but it didn't feel over crowded at all.
We hadn't been to the aquarium in quite a while and not since they moved into their shiny, big new building. I'm pretty sure the old one was a transformed old supermarket, but we enjoyed it none the less.
We were very impressed with everything! They really did a great job with the layout, the enclosures and the variety of fish and animals on display was wonderful! Enough to keep us all entertained for most of the afternoon. In fact I had to be the party pooper and tell them it was time to leave so I could be back for work.
Who can resist hugging and shaking the fin of a giant orca?
There was a room where you could view the penguins from underwater and it was so fun! The girls were enthralled. I can't blame them, it was really fun to watch their fat little black tuxedo bodies swim around.
I happened to catch this image of Sadie, I know it was pure luck but I love it.
Then we went upstairs to watch the penguins from the top view. Hayze loved being up close.
And, another photo opportunity. Gotta love Miss Sadie's crazy eyes.
Little moments of wonder.
The ocean is such an incredible part of our world. There is so much that is unknown, somewhat frightening but utterly beautiful.
Mya was feeling brave and wanted to try and pet a ray, her cute little arms were just a little too short. I was happy to see her becoming more adventurous.
Just proof that I was actually present for this adventure. Sadie was less than thrilled to be in the shark tunnel and Mya, well I think Mya is trying to smile.
Little Mister could feel that there was something up above him. He was giggling but holding pretty tightly to Cody's arm.
Thanks Grams and Grandpa for a wonderful afternoon!

2 comments:
It looks like a great place for an outing! So glad we have something like this so close!
Oh So FUN! Really great pictures Aub! Mya looks so grown up. Make her stop!
Post a Comment