Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quotes from the Girls

I have been saving some of the funny things the girls have said. I was surprised to discover that the first few were from over a year ago.

 ~ Upon seeing a RV parked in our neighborhood Mya said: 'That's a big car! You could carry lots of children!'

~ Mya when someone didn't answer their door: 'Maybe they have deaf ears.'

~Mya wanted me to make cookie dough. We told her that if she had three more bites of pork then we would, but if she didn't then no cookie dough. She wasn't too thrilled with this deal but told me that we could 'Suprise her with cookie dough if we wanted to.'

~Sadie: Mom! Look at dis ant! he has a big long hair on his face!! Dats cwazy!

~ Me: Sadie, do you want pancakes for breakfast? 
Sadie: NO, those slide off my fork. I want eggo waffles.

~ Once I threw away one of the many, MANY colored paper ponies the girls had made. She caught me and  came in holding it and said: 'Mom, you're a killer!'

~ Sadie: ' I can't do up my buckle with my winter coat because I'm all fatted up!'

~ Mya : 'Sadie!! You're being to rough with me and Hayze! I'm just old!! I'm an old kid!' 

~ Me: 'Why do we have Christmas?'
Mya: 'Because it fills our hearts with joy.'

~ Mya was quite distressed on Christmas eve morning when she woke up: 'Mom! There are no new presents under the tree and no stockings have been filled!!'

~ Mya: 'Dad, are you the leader at your work?'
Cody: 'Yeah, I guess so.'
Mya: 'Why?'
Cody: ' Because no one else wanted to.'
Mya: 'Awesome.'

~ Sadie:  When I say 'I love you.' and you say 'I love you' back; it makes my heart happy and your heart happy.

~ I was trying to point someone out to Sadie while we were sitting in church. She was getting a little frustrated.
Me: 'See, she's right there in the blue and green skirt.'
Sadie: 'No! I just see the black skirt next to that human!'

1 comment:

Debi said...

I'm so glad you write these down and share them! So cute!