Well, this happened. I can't decide how I feel about it. I am excited and happy because of how thrilled she is. But my heart ached a little bit as I watched her march in with her classmates all dressed in their caps and gowns. My heart ached a little more and a few tears fell as I watched a slideshow of their year with the song 'Let them be little'. That's really all I want her to be is little. I want time to freeze so I can fit in a few moments, enjoy this time a little more fully.
I am so proud of her and all that she has learned and accomplished this year. Kindergarten now days isn't the kindergarten that I remember that's for sure! I don't remember learning to read until first grade and I especially don't remember writing stories! This year has been a great learning experience for both her and I. Such is the life of the oldest child.
We were so blessed this year to have an amazing teacher. Mrs. Brown. She was just what our little miss needed. She was kind and upportive as well as structured. I hope that we are as lucky next year. I loved being able to volunteer in the classroom this year. It was nice to see how the classroom ran, being able to do activities with Mya and enjoyed seeing how Mya interacted with her classmates as well.
Thank you Mrs. Brown for loving my little miss. For helping her to grow and do things that were hard and filling her Kindergarten days with exciting experiences.
We received this sweet card from Mrs. Brown the other day.
Dear Mya,
Thank you so much for the sweet card and yummy gifts you gave me! I am so glad you were in my class! I am lucky I had the chance to be your teacher! You are such a sweet and beautiful girl. Thank you for being such a hard worker and good listener and great example to others. I will miss your wonderful and happy contagious smile! Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with our class.
Love, Mrs. Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment