Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cars Land

One of the most exciting parts of this trip was the new Cars Land! As many of you know at our house we have a small obsession with these movies and own one or two of the die cast characters. So we were very excited to actually go to Radiator Springs and see the Casa De La Tires, Flow's V8 Cafe, The Cozy Cone, Fillmore's dome, Red's firehouse and all the other stops on old Route 66. And as is the Disney tradition we were not disappointed. The attention to detail was incredible! It felt like you had stepped into the movie and had arrived just in time to cruise down main street with our favorite cars.
In front of Radiator Springs racers. This ride was so much fun! A great combination of a classic Disney ride with a little speed at the end. The skyline is perfect and it only gets better as the sun goes down and the lights come on. I wish I had a snapped a picture of how amazing it looks at night, imagine a red rock sunset all across those formations. It was fabulous!
Celebrating the Festival of the Flying Tires with Luigi and Guido.
While we were waiting in line for this the first time Miss Mya was having one of her moments. I know, my sweet girls are never grumps but none the less we were having a little chat and I said something to the effect that we couldn't be grumpy because we were in Disneyland and her reply was that she didn't have any of her 'Disney Magic'. So we decided that we had to find some Disney Magic and quick! So she looked and looked around and thankfully she discovered some in one of the tires. I told her to put it in her heart so she could be happy for the rest of the day and to keep it because if anyone was grumpy or scared she would have to share it with them.  It was darling, she was more than willing to share the Disney Magic in her heart when anyone needed a little extra.
Daddy and Uncle Glenn got the coasting technique down and were picking up some speed by the end.
We do-si-do'd with Mater at the Junk Yard Jamboree. It was wild and got the adults' bellies a little churned up but it was fun, worth a little nausea.
Gettin' cozy at the cone!
We couldn't visit Radiator Springs without seeing some of our favorite cars! Lightning, Mater, Red and DJ were all there.
Are we surprised that Sadie is kissing him?  Not at all!

More of the details...I love it! I think that noticing all the little things is part of what I love about Disney. I love the behind the scenes, the hidden Mickey's and the random facts almost as much as I love the rides themselves.
Miss Mya was so brave and came on the Racers with us 2 times. She needed lots of convincing as you can probably guess. It wasn't her favorite but she did it.  I've noticed that many of the rides in Disney are very loud and my littles don't love the loud.
Sweet Finn! He is the happiest little boy and has a smile that just lights up his entire face. The girls loved to smile at him, tickle him and do just about anything to get a reaction from him. Thankfully it's not that hard and they would squeal with delight and then say 'He loves me doesn't he mom?' or 'He says I'm so pretty huh?' It was so sweet. Cody also took to getting a rise out Mr Finners. Uncle Glenn doesn't grow scruff very well and Cody is quite good at it so he would grab Finn's little paw and rub it across his scruffy cheek and Finn would laugh and laugh. It never got old, the silly guy with the scratchy face.
I love these sweet girls!! I have to share a funny that happened with Sadie and I. We were heading to the ladies room to change her pants and halfway there a wave of nausea hit me full force. Well we scurried into a stall and I proceeded to have my moment and poor little Sadie looks at me all concerned and says 'Mom! Don't spit out Willy Winkie!!' (Willy Winkie is what we have taken to calling little man). It lightened the mood instantly and I assured her that I had no intention of spitting him out.
My cuties getting ready for bed. They were in heaven with these bunk beds.

2 comments:

kimmalee said...

Yep, those bunk beds were pretty amazing. I love Mya's face sitting between you on Racers. What a sweetheart. I'm kind of sad to finally get this trip posted and read your posts too...it means it's all really over, even the recording of it. This trip was so wonderful and cars land was even better than I hoped it would be. Just perfect timing for our little Cars enthusiasts. Great pictures, once again.

Debbie said...

Looks like SO much fun!