I can't believe that my sassy little lady is another year older. I had a mommy moment the other day when I realized that right now she is wearing the same clothes that Mya was wearing when Sadie was born. For some reason that boggled my mind and made me a little sad to come to that realization. I wouldn't change the experiences that we are having with our girls but I wish there was a way to slow down just a little bit.
Sunday we celebrated with Nana, Papa and Kenzie. We also were very lucky and Auntie Kim and her darling little men participated in the festivities via skype. Sadie was thrilled with her ball and immediately put it to good use.
Mad Yoga skills at an early age.
Auntie Kim sent her this darling little pink roadster! It is so cute! Both girls have a great time scooting around on it.
Miss Sadie's present from Daddy was a new Tinker Bell fishing pole. She was in heaven! The girls have spent a great deal of time casting down the stairs, off the balcony and even twisted daddy's arm to take them to the fishing pond. (Let's be honest there was no twisting needed)
Aunt Kenzie is responsible for the darling decoration of little miss's birthday cake.
She was a little wary of the candles and insisted that Cody blow them out. 'You do it!' she said.
They were delisious!! You know it's your special day when Nana breaks off all that extra cake stuff so you can get right in to the frosting.
Monday night brought celebration with Grams, Grandpa, Great Grandma & Granpa and Uncle Ty and Hallah. By now she had figured out that those wrapped up things held all sorts of treasures and was all about digging in. Of course she got a Little Einsteins DVD and again we all had to pause everything we were doing and watch some of it before we could carry on.
Both girls happened upon some sassy new shades during the evening.
One of my best presents ever!
Sadie was a little less wary with the cake the second time around and even blew the candles out by herself. However I have no pictoral proff of that, but I do have it on my video camera. Just believe that it did actually happen.
The last suprise of the night from Mommy and Daddy. We weren't sure how she would react to it, but it was a hit. She ran right up to it opened the door and hopped inside. From there she was a driving fiend.
Happy Birthday Sadie! We love you so very much and are so glad you are part of your little family. We hope you know how very special you are and that you are loved by many.
1 comment:
So cute! It's hard to believe she's getting so old already. It seems like you just had her. I miss hanging out with your little fam, but I'm glad you were able to do so many things for the birthday girl. Happy birthday yourself now! Love ya!
Post a Comment